Squeaking when driving over bumps

OP
OP
catfishfingers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 XL STX FX4
Silicone spray on exhaust hangers helped, along with hitting other obvious bushings and the like. Pretty sure I just smoothed it out while everything broke in. Haven't heard squeaking in a long time, going on 15k now so if your problem was similar to mine don't give up hope
Sponsored

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Anyone else have luck getting rid of that sound by spraying the hangers and/or did it stay gone? Drove without the radio today and noticed that chirpy noise. Exact same as the video.

Edit: Tried spraying just the two hangers at the back and it didn't seem to change it. I'll get a bit crazier with it tomorrow

Edit 2. Sprayed everything and it seems quieter. Really hope it goes away. That noise doesn't blend well with the transmission pump noise..... This thing makes more weird noise than any other new car I have owned. Including several Hyundais.

Last edited:

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Used the warranty on this today. Three hours and they could not find the noise. They heard it in the test drive for sure. It is going back next week; likely to get new rear shocks.

HSVranger

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger
Used the warranty on this today. Three hours and they could not find the noise. They heard it in the test drive for sure. It is going back next week; likely to get new rear shocks.
yeah, I didn’t notice any difference spraying every point possible. I bought some Steelman ChassisEars and will let you guys know if I can locate the exact point. I feel that it’s something loose. I have a heavy duty tonneau and I can jump/shake the truck as hard as I can but still can’t replicate the noise.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
I'd love for it to be a simple fix that I can do and not need to bring it back.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Update: Day two at the dealer with me driving around a loaner explorer... they cant find what/why/etc. Ranger is currently getting nearly everything under the butt-end retorqued by hand to factory specs.

If they can't find it and admit defeat.. maybe I can trade them for a tune and I'll go away :D They have not seen this post where it seems to go away eventually.

but... it has a warranty for a reason. If my previous Hyundais didn't sound like they came standard with annoyed songbirds; a 30k Ford shouldn't either.

Update again: they can't find the noise. No go on the trade for the tune. No idea what they are doing next.

Last edited:

HSVranger

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger
Update: Day two at the dealer with me driving around a loaner explorer... they cant find what/why/etc. Ranger is currently getting nearly everything under the butt-end retorqued by hand to factory specs.

If they can't find it and admit defeat.. maybe I can trade them for a tune and I'll go away :D They have not seen this post where it seems to go away eventually.

but... it has a warranty for a reason. If my previous Hyundais didn't sound like they came standard with annoyed songbirds; a 30k Ford shouldn't either.

Update again: they can't find the noise. No go on the trade for the tune. No idea what they are doing next.
I tried out the chassisEars and it’s definitely not pin point accuracy but the sound seems like it’s loudest on the frame near either body mounts. I might try to spray them and see if there is any change. I haven’t hit them in the past. If the sound reduces a little, I’ll have the dealer take a look at them.

I was able to rule out the exhaust hangers and the rear suspension. Little to no noise there.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
I was thinking those might be the source. Especially with the sound being louder with the back seats down. It seems like it is right there. I sprayed them but they are a bit awkward to get at with a can of grease.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Someone posted a video, see if you think that constant chirping when rolling over so much as a pebble is normal.

That or maybe it is a Ford thing and Hyundai has better build quality.

Edit: actually I don't care what their opinions are - the ignore button is a thing here.

Last edited:

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
I was able to rule out the exhaust hangers and the rear suspension. Little to no noise there.
If it is the same as mine you are correct. Not exhaust or suspension.

On mine the bed wasn't torqued down and a bushing was out of place on the passenger side rear wheel area They put the bushing back and set proper torque. Now the bed is actually secured in place and no more angry birds.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Wait, it was your bed making the noise?