First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Personally I'd do both. I have a drop in liner now with the bed mat but even if I had a spray liner I'd still have the mat. It adds a nice cushion when you're getting in/out and it also keeps stuff from flying all over the bed. Plus if something spills back there it'll be on the mat not all in between the bed grooves.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
@AzScorpion and @Dr3wDrop both had me hitting the backspace button. I would end up scratching the heck out of the wheel hump or side wall of the bed and regret not getting the Line-X and my knees would be happy I got the mat.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I have the Ford bed mat. A lot cheaper than a good quality spray in liner. It seems pretty tough, maybe not as much as a spray in. But the drawback is that it doesn't protect the sides and bulkhead.

OP
OP

Swarley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
I had line-x done on my last truck and liked it, so maybe I'm just looking for some reinforcement for something I'm going to do anyway :crackup:.. I think I'll wait until summer to get that done though.

As far as bed mats, is there really any difference between the Ford branded mat and any of the others?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Once I get my truck... :computerrage: ... I'll be doing the Ford mat. Didn't order the spray liner since everything everywhere says it is slowing down builds on all Ford truck models.

I too worry about the fenders and sides. So I figure after a few years if bed damage dictates I'll get the bed sprayed.

Until then I get to see even more of that pretty velocity blue!:clap: :inlove:

SDXLT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX4
I have a drop in liner and do not like it. I'm on the fence about a line-x spray in or just a rubberized bed mat to go with my hard tonneau.

Thoughts / opinions on the two?
What don’t you like about the drop in liner? I’m trying to figure out what to do. There are times I want things to slide around but you don’t get that with sibl or a mat.

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
I have the Weathertech Techliner + Tailgate protector

I like the fact that this mat comes up with a lip about 2.5" - here's one of my install photos where I've got a bunch of stuff to get it to lay down flat. It's snug as a bug in a rug today. You can see the mat lip coming up the wheel tunnel.

PXL_20221211_001327728.MP copy.jpg

Main reason I went mat vs. other options is I am mostly sliding stuff (Pelican cases and C-Stands!) into my truck so I just needed a nice slippery mat to keep my paint minty underneath. I've got carpet scraps for the sides and back if I need protection there as well.

I am a victim of myself and I have to admit I also appreciate that from an aesthetics point of view; this allows me to keep a nice balance of blue/black.

The stuff I am sliding in can also not get scratched too much so a spray-in only was not a good option for me as they are too abrasive.

Here it is fully installed w/ tailgate mat.

PXL_20221211_004046179.MP copy.jpg

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I have neither but I do love my full BedRug! Nice padding, groceries don't slide around, and easy to clean.

The one downside is winter. I had washed out the bed and it went well below freezing that night and I couldn't open the tailgate! Apart from that, I love it.

And the same price, or less, than some spray-ins!

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Another vote for spray in liner and Bed Rug mat. Your knees will thank you. And no need to attach the mat to the bed....just lay it in there.

OP
OP

Swarley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
What don’t you like about the drop in liner? I’m trying to figure out what to do. There are times I want things to slide around but you don’t get that with sibl or a mat.
I think I just got used to the line-X I had for years and that things wouldn’t slide around.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I think I just got used to the line-X I had for years and that things wouldn’t slide around.
I think rubber mats like the one from Rough Country would keep things in place well. <cough cough> DeeZee <cough cough> also makes a rubber mat. $200 CAD at Amazon.ca for the 6’ SuperCab version. 5’ SuperCrew version not listed there. Husky also makes one and it might even be available from Action Truck Accessories under their Enthuze label.

Ontario’s big Swarley - where are you located?

MikeyB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I had the Rhino Liner sprayed on my bed when I got the truck. Great job and tough as hell. has a nice texture so things don't move around in the bed. Really sprayed on thick.
I got a bed cover so the finish is still shiny. Without a cover the shine will fade a little but does nothing to the durability.

OP
OP

Swarley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
I think rubber mats like the one from Rough Country would keep things in place well. <cough cough> DeeZee <cough cough> also makes a rubber mat. $200 CAD at Amazon.ca for the 6’ SuperCab version. 5’ SuperCrew version not listed there. Husky also makes one and it might even be available from Action Truck Accessories under their Enthuze label.

Ontario’s big Swarley - where are you located?
I’m in the Temiskaming area, so I have to travel at least 2 hours in any direction for a spray liner :(
Sponsored