Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I could have mounted my spare the other way,but the holder would scratch the shiz out of a very expensive wheel.I do indeed have a TPM sensor installed,so that when I rotate my tires,I include my spare.
I like this a lot - it’s the right way to do it. A bit more money, but oh well.

Wheel - $250
Tire - $250
Sensor - $50
Relearn Device - $50

And I was silly enough to think I was going to buy recovery track mounting brackets for my Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform this week. Ha!
1611514783977.png
Sponsored

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I could have mounted my spare the other way,but the holder would scratch the shiz out of a very expensive wheel.I do indeed have a TPM sensor installed,so that when I rotate my tires,I include my spare.
Same here. I bought a matching like new take-off Sport Pkg magnetic wheel and new matching tire. I didn't want the holder bracket damaging the paint.

Proper spare complete with TPMS.

With the valve stem up, I positioned the tire so the valve stem is at an angle towards the passenger rear corner. Plenty of room to reach up and over with a small gauge for pressure checks. Valve stem is visible through the wheel slot.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
So it fits in the spare location? Any modifications made to the spare location?
It does indeed fit with no modifications,and has a bit more space as my tires are a 285/70-17 so they are 32.7 diameter.Would easily fit a true 33,probabl a 34” tire.

OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
It does indeed fit with no modifications,and has a bit more space as my tires are a 285/70-17 so they are 32.7 diameter.Would easily fit a true 33,probabl a 34” tire.
Awesome to know what’s the ground clearance like? Looks like I’ll be saving for another wheel and tire! Other mods are put on hold lol

I can’t believe I forgot the spare lol

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Awesome to know what’s the ground clearance like? Looks like I’ll be saving for another wheel and tire! Other mods are put on hold lol

I can’t believe I forgot the spare lol
Have not physically measured it,but add whatever width you new tire is wider than stock,to the what is currently under your truck.I pull mine out from under when playing off-road.
‘You really don’t want to be trying to get it out from under there when you need it,as it never seems to be in a convenient spot when you do...or it gets in the way clearance wise or damaged on a rock etc making it useless.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Have not physically measured it,but add whatever width you new tire is wider than stock,to the what is currently under your truck.I pull mine out from under when playing off-road.
‘You really don’t want to be trying to get it out from under there when you need it,as it never seems to be in a convenient spot when you do...or it gets in the way clearance wise or damaged on a rock etc making it useless.
Here's the stock measurements..

002.JPG

003.JPG

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Which relearn device did you get? Or which one do others prefer?
I’m not sure which one I’ll get. I’ll ask my tire shop guys what they prefer when I get the wheel, tire and sensor. I’ll also search the threads here to see what others are using. Amazon has them starting at $15 but I’m sceptical.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
That extra 4” of hang is a nice air brake!

OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
My plan will be to have it mounted to the top of my bed rack once I get one. I don’t plan on doing much right this second with out the proper equipment. The bed rack will be a nice addition!

What’s great is once I get the bed rack and the spare I’ll need a basket for the top of the bed rack plus all of the extra things. So if you want to do one thing you spend your money on 15 different things to get to that one lmao. Gotta love the strange addiction
Sponsored