First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
That is most likely due to the tire diameter, not the rim size. If one tire is more than ~.5" off from the rest, it will set off ABS and other warnings.
That's true. Some manufacturers use the wheel speed to detect a soft tire. I believe BMW is one.
Sponsored

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
It's 6:00 am and no response. Guess Greg fell asleep while crawling under his truck. :giggle:

Yes, it's a 17" steelie.
Yep mine came with a 17" steelie with 265/65 17 tyre which matches the rest of the truck which is also 265/65 but in alloy. I just bought an as new matching alloy from someone on Gumtree for practically nothing, put on a new tyre, and now have a fully functional matching spare. I did notice the centre in the steelie wasn't particularly thick - maybe the spares are lightweight. I'd have to look at an XL specced truck to see what a standard steelie looks like.

bsr956

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4; 2013 Nissan Altima
My XLT came with chrome wheels on 255/65R17 Bridgestone, spare is a steel 255/70R16 Hankook. Both tires are 30.1" so I should be good. I went to check the spare pressure before my last vacation, had not paid attention to the stem mounted up. Tire had just under 20lbs. While I had the spare down figured might as well get it balanced since it didn't have any weights at all. Mounted the spare with the stem down

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Yep mine came with a 17" steelie with 265/65 17 tyre which matches the rest of the truck which is also 265/65 but in alloy. I just bought an as new matching alloy from someone on Gumtree for practically nothing, put on a new tyre, and now have a fully functional matching spare. I did notice the centre in the steelie wasn't particularly thick - maybe the spares are lightweight. I'd have to look at an XL specced truck to see what a standard steelie looks like.
I'll look on mine but I'm pretty certain the spare rim is the same as my running rims on XL Soupie.

I can't find it right now, but I read somewhere (the manual?) that the spare rim can be used permanently.

That said, I just found third-party parts numbers that seem to differentiate between the spare and the running steelies:

Spare
Manufacturer Part Number3R3Z-1007-CB, 3R3Z1007CB
Part DescriptionWheel Assy
Other NamesCompact Spare, Spare Wheel
Item Dimensions9.4 x 18.5 x 18.7 inches
Item Weight20.30 Pounds
ConditionNew
Fitment TypeDirect Replacement
ReplacesF8AZ-1007-CA

Running
Manufacturer Part NumberF8AZ-1007-EA, F8AZ1007EA
Part DescriptionWheel Assy