First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Haven’t you guys driven anything with front sensors before? Any brand vehicle with sensors I’ve driven does that.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Simondo

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger wildtrak X
Occupation
ELECTRICIAN
So your saying that when driving any vehicle with front sensors, while your doing like 60kms they activate, turn off your stereo, your sat navigation or your phone calls when using Bluetooth connection and replace all the above with a loud high pitch constant beeeeep. Yeah righto and you think that's normal?

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
So your saying that when driving any vehicle with front sensors, while your doing like 60kms they activate, turn off your stereo, your sat navigation or your phone calls when using Bluetooth connection and replace all the above with a loud high pitch constant beeeeep. Yeah righto and you think that's normal?
OK. Now I understand. Thanks for clarifying. I have had it beep for ice but I guess I wasn’t on a call or on navigation. I just turned it off.

Simondo

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger wildtrak X
Occupation
ELECTRICIAN
No worries, my sensors are going off randomly while driving, Ford has no resolution for the issue and refusing to replace the vehicle under their own charter which clearly states ' if the vehicle has a fault that can not be rectified you are legally entitled to return the vehicle for a full refund, replacement or discount off the retail costs' That is until you tell them to replace it and then they refuse. Have now moved to contact consumer rights ACCC and reported the issue to Ancap who issue the safety ratings to see if they believe that this issue is a concern.

VegasP11

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Mine only went off while traveling a low speeds. Once I backed up or pulled out of the driveway they stopped beeping. I think it was only the low speed parking sensors.

RedRanger2100

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Hotel Management
Haven’t you guys driven anything with front sensors before? Any brand vehicle with sensors I’ve driven does that.
I've never had issues like this before... That have gone on for extended times. It's clearly a design technical issue.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
When I worked for another make sometimes the front license plate frames would interfere.

Simondo

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger wildtrak X
Occupation
ELECTRICIAN
Well guys ranger had its update last week and no it knows it has front sensors and a bull bar. Something that alledgedly they couldn't tell the system before. So hopefully the sensor faults may have been resolved anyone else still facing the issue may want to check with there dealers and see if they have the new update and get the cars in. Been a long wait 6 months with issues and I'm hoping these ones are resolved but time will tell. Would of been happy but the dealer damaged the truck a day after having it machine polished and ceramic coated. Now the fight to get them to fix the damage to my near side door panel. They checking the cctv and will advise accordingly ?

bbergeron22

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I recently had a shop install the Rough Country 2.5" leveling kit. Since the install, my parking sensors, both front and rear, no longer work. I still have the backup camera working as well as the backup assist.

I have checked the large connector behind the driver headlight and it is seated properly. What else can I check to solve this issue? Is this a FORScan setting that I cannot find?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
That sucks Brent,

You might double-check the wiring behind each sensor - hopefully, you can get to them easily. Also, there‘s a cluster of three connectors (1 large, 2 small) above the front skid plate that must be disconnected before removing struts - they usually throw codes if not re-connected, but it’s worth checking out.

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
Make sure they didn't just turn it off.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I had one front one go bad and then none of them worked. Dealer replaced under warranty.

Frankster

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor/lariat
Occupation
Sales Rep
Good day all, both my front sensors left and right side have been doing this intermittently since I got the truck. I am wondering if there is more to the story here. One thing I will say is that I had my truck rust proofed which would have involved spraying the underside. Perhaps some of that product made its way on to the sensors? However if anyone else can comment that has had this issue it would be great.
I have a 2021 for Ranger Tremor/Lariat and live in Guelph Ontario. My 3 month old Ranger has now been into Wayne Pitman Ford 4 times for the same issue and only has 7K on it. The cause seems to be that water is freezing in the sensor connector in the front bumper. If I wash the truck or if it is wet snow and the temp is -3C or below after driving a bit the wind chill freezes in the connector causing the issue of the sensors thinking there is an object in front when traveling at slow parking speeds. I am able to re-create the issue when the temps are cold enough and brought it into the dealer while it was doing it. The lead tech hooked up the OBD2 to his computer while we were driving it for 45 minutes with it doing it at -3C and the system does not kick up any faults. The computer shows that the sensors think there is something in front of the truck on his laptop when the fault is occurring but no error codes. Ford Engineers are simply directing the dealer to dry out the plugs, grease and reassemble time and time again, I suppose expecting a different result or hoping I will accept this at some point. My issue of contention is why am I being expected to drive this for 4 more years paying for features Ford cant make work and have no fixes for. Seems this is a good warm weather truck..... The dealer has trouble shot the issue by cleaning connectors, re greasing and replacing sensors that had the same results. Obviously Ford is not recommending a solution other than standard assembly as that would indicate they have an issue which by the amount of comments here and on other forums there obviously is. My second issue is that Barrie Ford sold me the truck and this issue has been documented on these forums since 2019, in essence selling me a truck with known issues they won't fix.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I have a 2021 for Ranger Tremor/Lariat and live in Guelph Ontario. My 3 month old Ranger has now been into Wayne Pitman Ford 4 times for the same issue and only has 7K on it. The cause seems to be that water is freezing in the sensor connector in the front bumper. If I wash the truck or if it is wet snow and the temp is -3C or below after driving a bit the wind chill freezes in the connector causing the issue of the sensors thinking there is an object in front when traveling at slow parking speeds. I am able to re-create the issue when the temps are cold enough and brought it into the dealer while it was doing it. The lead tech hooked up the OBD2 to his computer while we were driving it for 45 minutes with it doing it at -3C and the system does not kick up any faults. The computer shows that the sensors think there is something in front of the truck on his laptop when the fault is occurring but no error codes. Ford Engineers are simply directing the dealer to dry out the plugs, grease and reassemble time and time again, I suppose expecting a different result or hoping I will accept this at some point. My issue of contention is why am I being expected to drive this for 4 more years paying for features Ford cant make work and have no fixes for. Seems this is a good warm weather truck..... The dealer has trouble shot the issue by cleaning connectors, re greasing and replacing sensors that had the same results. Obviously Ford is not recommending a solution other than standard assembly as that would indicate they have an issue which by the amount of comments here and on other forums there obviously is. My second issue is that Barrie Ford sold me the truck and this issue has been documented on these forums since 2019, in essence selling me a truck with known issues they won't fix.
If it is the connector, and has been fixed by the dealer by drying out and putting di-electric grease to seal it...and it happens again...re-grease it and wrap the plug with some waterproof electric tape and be done with it...call it a day...move on.
10 cents worth of tape and it will probably be fixed for all time.

Last edited:

Frankster

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor/lariat
Occupation
Sales Rep
If it is the connector, and has been fixed by the dealer by drying out and putting di-electric grease to seal it...and it happens again...re-grease it and wrap the plug with some waterproof electric tape and be done with it...call it a day...move on.
10 cents worth of tape and it will probably be fixed for all time.
The truck is a lease and really not mine to change, I do recognize this is really not a modification, it is just very frustrating that Ford can put me through so much hassle and not even try something so simple for fear they are admitting an issue exists. This is my first Ford.
Sponsored