First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Executive Pastor
Got my new to me 2019 Ranger two days ago. It has 22,000 miles. Yesterday and today I have gotten a “Parking Aid sensor fault” warning, then the sensor system turns itself off. Each time I was in reverse. A little pic of the truck with a red exclamation point on the roof would show up on the nav screen over the back up camera image.
Any ideas?
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Got my new to me 2019 Ranger two days ago. It has 22,000 miles. Yesterday and today I have gotten a “Parking Aid sensor fault” warning, then the sensor system turns itself off. Each time I was in reverse. A little pic of the truck with a red exclamation point on the roof would show up on the nav screen over the back up camera image.
Any ideas?
Hi Joel,

I would start with the wiring harness at the bumper and check each sensor in the rear bumper. I think you have a backup camera picture, correct? If no picture check the connector between the frame harness and the tailgate as well..... Hope others chime in here as I am just SWAGing it.

The vehicle might be sensing it should have a trailer hooked up but no trailer...This is a setting using the left Steering wheel buttons and the left Dash panel screen... Again...a SWAG.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
JHC14

JHC14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Executive Pastor
I think you have a backup camera picture, correct? If no picture check the connector between the frame harness and the tailgate as well.....

Correct, there was a picture from the back up camera on the screen. When I would turn the engine off and restart, the alert would go away until I put it in reverse again. Sometimes it occurs again...sometimes not.

Last edited:

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport SuperCrew 2wd
I think you have a backup camera picture, correct? If no picture check the connector between the frame harness and the tailgate as well.....

Correct, there was a picture from the back up camera on the screen. When I would turn the engine off and restart, the alert would go away until I put it in reverse again. Sometimes it occurs again...sometimes not.

You have a bad backup sensor. If you have Ford Pass activated and the app on your phone if you click on the warning it will actually tell you what sensor is at fault. Mine just did this a few months ago. Put a new sensor in and haven't had any issues since.

OP
OP
JHC14

JHC14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Executive Pastor
You have a bad backup sensor. If you have Ford Pass activated and the app on your phone if you click on the warning it will actually tell you what sensor is at fault. Mine just did this a few months ago. Put a new sensor in and haven't had any issues since.

Thanks. I am planning on taking it down to the local Ford dealership and having them do an oil change, etc... I want to get it in their system and make sure it is "right". I will have them check it out when I take it.
I appreciate the help.

Simondo

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger wildtrak X
Occupation
ELECTRICIAN
Hi all take it this is the fault I've been trying to find out, shows on the stereo screen a car with an exclamation mark in a circle, mine showed up today, pre collision, park pilot, hill decent all turned themselves off, then this popped up on screen oh yeah an my tyre pressure sensor seems to of shit out too. Cars 7 months old so presume things will start to fail ?

OP
OP
JHC14

JHC14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Executive Pastor
Hi all take it this is the fault I've been trying to find out, shows on the stereo screen a car with an exclamation mark in a circle, mine showed up today, pre collision, park pilot, hill decent all turned themselves off, then this popped up on screen oh yeah an my tyre pressure sensor seems to of shit out too. Cars 7 months old so presume things will start to fail ?
I’ve had one sensor replaced. Went a couple of weeks, before it retuned and continues. Waiting on the local (read terrible reputation) Ford dealer to get another new sensor for it. Everything is taking longer than normal right now. COVID and now Hurricane Sally has us slowed down.
Keep me up to date on what they find with yours.

Simondo

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger wildtrak X
Occupation
ELECTRICIAN
Hi mate, im in Western Australia but yeah experiencing delays with covid too. Car been through the process of recall now twice with Ford Au stating not a major issue so not doing anything about it, as long as foults rectified in a resonable time, its been 7 months now so not sure what reasonable in Fords mind is ? If i get any where I'll let you know. Good luck, stay sfae

OP
OP
JHC14

JHC14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Executive Pastor
Took it back to the dealership yesterday for the same issue again...4th time. This time they replaced the back bumper wiring harness. So I am in for 3 sensors and a wiring harness now. We will see if this works.

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
Well I think you know why they traded it in now lol.

Simondo

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger wildtrak X
Occupation
ELECTRICIAN
Took it back to the dealership yesterday for the same issue again...4th time. This time they replaced the back bumper wiring harness. So I am in for 3 sensors and a wiring harness now. We will see if this works.
So my wildtrak X is back in again also, parking sensors and pre collision system faulting continually for the last 11 months. Been the the accc, consumer protection and now business resolutions. 16 videos, 20 odd photos and they need the car to fault while with Ford! WTF it's a sparadic fault happening on differ t roads, dirrwnt sensors. So now they legedly gon achage them after 11 months of shite! Ford is an absolute joke, no other way to describe this company. Oh I'm in WA so its obviously a world wide problem.

OP
OP
JHC14

JHC14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Executive Pastor
Well I think you know why they traded it in now lol.
Wasn't a trade in. It was part of Enterprise Rental Fleet. I can see it not being caught as it was sporadic and no one driver would be in it long enough to report it. Just turn it in and catch a plane. Hopefully, this resolved it. Otherwise, its a great truck!

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Checked my warning on the Ford pass app but all it said was that a sensor detected a fault. It didn't tell me which one though
Sponsored