MarcusRanger

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 1964.5 Ford Mustang Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
If they dirty, they will go off intermittently.
That's the thing I've checked them while it has been happening and there is nothing on the exterior of the sensor, no ice, snow or dirt. That is why I thought of the undercoating.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
That's the thing I've checked them while it has been happening and there is nothing on the exterior of the sensor, no ice, snow or dirt. That is why I thought of the undercoating.
We get a lot of rain here, and they can look clean (this is our 2015 C-Max), but it seems like even a little bit of dirt messes them up. Usually a quick wipe with a cloth will fix them.

OP
OP

SlinkyFriend

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus
So I did get the rust preventative. Which may be it. But once the temperature went up and sun got on it, it went away for me. It did come back a few days ago but for a different sensor and after I cleaned ice off it, it went away again. Then today, there was freezing rain, and it was going off as well. But it started immediately after I was in the freezing rain for a bit after I parked it. Short drive so I didn’t try to clean it. Coworker said it still worth getting them checked but I’ve heard they can be sensitive. Now I’ve also saw online a McDonald’s bag stuck in the bumper can cause it to go off so it can vary. I would use a hair dryer on the sensors and if it stops temporarily, it is definitely the cold. But definitely take it in if it doesn’t sit right with you. Better to have it going off while it is, then when it gets warm and it stops. That’s kind of where I’m stuck, It is not going off so It is hard for a dealer to investigate when it’s not happening.

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
My left front sensor was doing it this morning after an icey snow night.....

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
I know this thread is a year old, but here in the cold, my front left parking sensor has been going off like crazy lately too. It started doing it really bad after I ran through the car wash the other day and has been doing it ever since. I made sure to wipe the sensor off, but it still does it.

Kataphrakt

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT FX4 Offroad
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer - Mirrors
I've been having the front left sensor go off intermittently on occasion. It's always while i'm coming to a stop. When i check for sensor obstructions there's never anything covering it.

Dan Kobler

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT SuperCrew 302A 4x4
I know this thread is a year old, but here in the cold, my front left parking sensor has been going off like crazy lately too. It started doing it really bad after I ran through the car wash the other day and has been doing it ever since. I made sure to wipe the sensor off, but it still does it.
I have been having the exact same issue! Got a car wash this weekend and all week it has been going of. No visible ice on the sensor. Wondering if there is some type of seal issue behind the sensor that if a bit of water gets in there and freezes it causes it to go off. Rather frustrating as MN is icy 5 our of the 12 months a year!

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
There is a seal so it could be. I had similar issue (far left rear) but it wasn’t weather. I took it out and cleaned a few times. Still did it intermittently usually when another sensor was close like even the front. Finally got it to go away when it took both far left and right (painted ones) and swapped. Hasn’t come back since for weeks.
662353E1-6CDA-4B14-B213-ECCFE6C8B8B8.jpeg
FDB8575A-1A4F-4D45-92E4-DF945854267F.jpeg

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
I have been having the exact same issue! Got a car wash this weekend and all week it has been going of. No visible ice on the sensor. Wondering if there is some type of seal issue behind the sensor that if a bit of water gets in there and freezes it causes it to go off. Rather frustrating as MN is icy 5 our of the 12 months a year!
Exact same over here in Fargo. I wonder if I swapped the front left sensor and the front right sensor around if the problem would follow the sensor. Maybe I'll try this sometime soon and see what happens.

John Jenkins

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Larait 4x4 Super Cab
Vehicle Showcase
You can turn it off while you await for an answer (Page 87 Owners Manual) . The front parking sensors also only work at low speeds.
I will be looking at pg87 as soon as I get home! Western Pennsylvania here and my right front is doing the same damn thing! Annoying as hell!!! Rained yesterday 20 degrees here today, was fine this morning being it’s in a garage but 10 minutes outside and it’s squealing!

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
My front outer sensors go off randomly and CONSTANTLY. Complained to dealership. They are replacing them... when they get them in.

Oh, and my forward radar sensor which goes off randomly at all speeds.

Simondo

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger wildtrak X
Occupation
ELECTRICIAN
Morning all, same issue here anyone got anywhere with ford ? Being told waiting for software updates but no dates for this. Annoying as hell on 2 week old car. In Australia so cant imagine the cold is making them fault ??

Mike in UT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew FX4, Hot Pepper Red, Tow pkg, Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau cover, Rhino Liner, Lift Gate Assist, Ford black running boards
Occupation
IT technician, retired soldier (11B, 19D)
I have this problem with the rear left inboard sensor (the one near the license plate on the left as you look at the vehicle.) Seems to happen randomly.
I'll be adding some dielectric grease to the connector and taping it over with electrical tape to see if that helps. The mechanic at the Ford dealer said that he's seen several of the same kind of problem with the outside right rear sensor.

John Jenkins

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Larait 4x4 Super Cab
Vehicle Showcase
I have this problem with the rear left inboard sensor (the one near the license plate on the left as you look at the vehicle.) Seems to happen randomly.
I'll be adding some dielectric grease to the connector and taping it over with electrical tape to see if that helps. The mechanic at the Ford dealer said that he's seen several of the same kind of problem with the outside right rear sensor.
My rear f150’s did this until I used dielectric grease and electrical tape! lol My Ranger hasn’t done it in a week and I haven’t touched anything yet. I looked in manual on the page’s indicated in other post. My manual doesn’t have any mention about turning them off
Sponsored