First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew 2 wheel drive
Occupation
Sales
Hello All, my name is Paul and this is my first post. I bought a new 2019 XLT crew cab in the fall of 2019 so my Ranger is about 2 1/2 years old. I seldom drive this vehicle as it was bought to be my wife’s primary ride. I drive a 2021 Ram lone star diesel. Ranger has 20,000 miles on it and always serviced at the selling dealer. I recently had the opportunity to drive the ranger on a 1000 trip. I never noticed before but the Ranger rides extremely rough magnifying every bump in the road. It bounces roughly throwing you head back and forth. In comparison to my other trucks (2013 f150, 2021 Ram) the ranger is like being on a bucking bronco. My question for all of you is can a suspension mod be made that will soften the ride some. I never carry much weight and do not do any towing. Thanks in advance for any suggestions/responses.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Hello All, my name is Paul and this is my first post. I bought a new 2019 XLT crew cab in the fall of 2019 so my Ranger is about 2 1/2 years old. I seldom drive this vehicle as it was bought to be my wife’s primary ride. I drive a 2021 Ram lone star diesel. Ranger has 20,000 miles on it and always serviced at the selling dealer. I recently had the opportunity to drive the ranger on a 1000 trip. I never noticed before but the Ranger rides extremely rough magnifying every bump in the road. It bounces roughly throwing you head back and forth. In comparison to my other trucks (2013 f150, 2021 Ram) the ranger is like being on a bucking bronco. My question for all of you is can a suspension mod be made that will soften the ride some. I never carry much weight and do not do any towing. Thanks in advance for any suggestions/responses.
Yes you can. Easy and fairly cheap solution is new rear shocks. I went with Fox and it made a world of difference. Bilstein and Eibach are also great options and I think might be a little cheaper.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Lots of posts on this subject. Simply replacing the rear shocks significantly reduces the “bouncy” feel. Bilstein 5100, Fox, Eibach are popular choices.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, Paul, welcome to the Forum. I had the same impression when I first got my 2019 Ranger Lariat. When the Ford Performance Fox leveling kit came out, I was all over it, and it tamed that "bucking bronco" right away. I bought it from Levittown Ford Parts, which always has the best prices on everything Ford-related, and their agents are straight-up guys as well. (No, they are not paying me; I am just a satisfied customer many times over.) In Googling this part to give you the link, I noticed that there is now a Rousch Performance Fox version of the kit for Rangers as well, which is new to me. I have no idea if it is any better and have not seen this discussed on the Forum. Whatever you decide, happy trails! 2019 Ford Ranger Suspension Kit - Performance Parts & Accessories | Levittown Ford (levittownfordparts.com)

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
Airing down the tires will definitely help as well. I run mine at 32 and am very pleased with the ride
That's where I keep mine at.... 32 psi. When I had my truck in the dealership service dept last week for "The Works", I specifically told the lady behind the counter when I checked in to make sure they leave the tire pressure at 32. She argued with me that most trucks should be at 40 psi. I finally just looked at her and said, "I'm telling you, I want mine at 32 and leave it at that."

zn105

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 Sport Package
That's where I keep mine at.... 32 psi. When I had my truck in the dealership service dept last week for "The Works", I specifically told the lady behind the counter when I checked in to make sure they leave the tire pressure at 32. She argued with me that most trucks should be at 40 psi. I finally just looked at her and said, "I'm telling you, I want mine at 32 and leave it at that."
What does your set up call for. 32 PSI would be going up from my suggested 30psi. I went with 38 as suggested here and it cut down on the bounce a little but not sure yet how it is going to effect tire wear.

Fritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XL
Mine is like butter, I have the transit leaf springs swap done, Eibach 2.0 Struts up front set at 2.5" of leveling and the Eibach Pro Series on on the rears.
What is this “transit leaf spring swap”? I did a Google but didn’t find anything.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
We noticed the 'pogo stick' feel right away but don't drive much and contributed the sensations to 'senior moments'. My 2019 Lariat has 11,524 miles as of this morning. Changed out all 4 shocks/struts with Bilstein 4600s last week - a huge improvement. 32psi in the tires too. Ford cheeped out on the standard shocks period.

IMG_0551.JPG

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
What is this “transit leaf spring swap”? I did a Google but didn’t find anything.
A few of us got some South African/UK springs off of transit vans that happen to be the same as Wildtrak rear leafs. They're a leaf pack as opposed to the single parabolic spring the US Rangers (outside the Tremor) use. I have a set as well and they're fantastic with the Fox 2.0 shocks. The street ride is improved drastically with 150-200lbs in the rear of the bed regardless of what setup you have.

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
Transit/Wildtrak springs are absolutely perfect.
I am stationed in Germany and was able to score a set for less than $200 shipped to my door. Literally took me an hour to swap both sides.

OP
OP

Spiritrider1

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew 2 wheel drive
Occupation
Sales
whats your wife think?
its her primary ride, and even though you claim not to carry much weight nor do any towing, you say you seldom drive the vehicle.
so if you're changing it for you, whats her opinion, if she's allowed to have one?
She agrees that the ride is very bouncy.
Sponsored