Snowmageddon in Texas

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Yeah, its been a tough winter. We got the white stuff too here in Fla. Look at the waters edge at all that white stuff. Terrible.
IMG_0480.jpg
I was in the truck yesterday feeling a bit warm and the temp display said 86 outside
Sponsored

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
I was in the truck yesterday feeling a bit warm and the temp display said 86 outside
Ooh, that's tough. Almost time to turn off the AC. It's only expected to get to 82 f here today, with some thunderstorms. I'm glad I have 4WD.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
We got dumped on like a bastard in southern Ontario last night too! Here's a pic from my security camera. Nice bonus shot of a 4x2 Colorado stuck in the snow ?

Screenshot_20210216-114907_Blink.jpg
Funny - I’ve seen that stance - was on a two-lane secondary highway the other week - small sedan up ahead loses control and ends up in the ditch. An F150 4x4 Sport and I stop and the F150 starts backing up to the car to pull it out and then off the bare shoulder to line up to it. I told him he should stay on the shoulder but he ignored me as his back end slid down into the ditch. Then he made it worse trying to get out. Foreman’s truck - didn’t know how to switch to 4WD. ??‍♂

I asked where his tow strap was and he pulled a 1” nylon cargo strap from his back seat - the really wimpy kind. I shook my head. He said it should be fine if I doubled it. ??‍♂ I shook my head again.

Since I didn’t have any recovery gear with me, I wished them all luck and drove off while they called for help.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
What the heck is going on with this weather.... Snow in TX? I'm screwed if it snows like that in the valley because there's only one other place warmer than here. :devil:
Daughter and son-n-law live in Houston. She said that the news there was saying that the electrical grid is failing because all the wind turbines are frozen off line, so capacity has dropped (in addition to all the usual line snapages and tree breaks...)

OP
OP

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
Daughter and son-n-law live in Houston. She said that the news there was saying that the electrical grid is failing because all the wind turbines are frozen off line, so capacity has dropped (in addition to all the usual line snapages and tree breaks...)
Another big issue...the freeze was so hard it was actually able to freeze the moisture in the natural gas lines.

But yeah..wind turbines...great idea in a state that can freeze...

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Another big issue...the freeze was so hard it was actually able to freeze the moisture in the natural gas lines.

But yeah..wind turbines...great idea in a state that can freeze...
Probably a great example of where the greenie deal is headed...:crackup:

Last edited:

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
We were supposed to get freezing rain up here in CT today, but it just plain out rained for a bit. It did reduce the existing snowpack by a few inches though. Woot!

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder how many of those fancy houses that have chimney's and fireplaces ACTUALLY have some firewood ??

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I think it was Thanksgiving 2010, I was living in Wichita Falls TX, and a kid wrecked his car, taking out the middle section of a wooden power pole about halfway up it and knocked our power out. I drove by it--the bottom was in the ground and the top 5-6 feet was suspended by the power lines. I finished baking the biscuits in front of our fireplace. My step-daughter was "amazed" how I did that. We always had about a quarter cord of oak blocks/firewood that I'd get from a local pallet manufacturing place in town. $75 for a bed full level with the side rails and this stuff burned hot and very clean !! The kid that had the accident was in the hospital for 2 weeks, but had another accident with a steel power pole about 6 months later....that pole was made with old drill pipe that was 3 layers thick and was only slightly bent....the kid didn't make it.

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
I think it was Thanksgiving 2010, I was living in Wichita Falls TX, and a kid wrecked his car, taking out the middle section of a wooden power pole about halfway up it and knocked our power out. I drove by it--the bottom was in the ground and the top 5-6 feet was suspended by the power lines. I finished baking the biscuits in front of our fireplace. My step-daughter was "amazed" how I did that. We always had about a quarter cord of oak blocks/firewood that I'd get from a local pallet manufacturing place in town. $75 for a bed full level with the side rails and this stuff burned hot and very clean !! The kid that had the accident was in the hospital for 2 weeks, but had another accident with a steel power pole about 6 months later....that pole was made with old drill pipe that was 3 layers thick and was only slightly bent....the kid didn't make it.
No power didn't slow me down either. Not gonna let ribeyes go to waste.....

IMG_3617.jpg
Sponsored