First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i just ease off the pedal and slow down. some are slow learners and i will get to half the speed limit before they back off. some figure it out quickly. i hate tailgaters. esp those driving the small penis flagships... if another lanes open they should use it. if they have an emergency put on the flashers and i will move. other than that, them being a piece of s@#t dont mean they have right to try to be up peoples ass. im typically speeding already anyhow.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Texas drivers are the absolute worse
Just wait until you drive in Louisiana....to say they drive fast would be an understatement. And I thought Colorado drivers were bad...

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
A few years ago we were staying in New Orleans on route to Miami for a cruise. We were there when that "winter weather bomb" went through. You guys would remember it, it actually SNOWED in New Orleans, wow, we wondered if we would even get to Miami, the Airport was closed (no de-icing in NO, who would have thought) and there were so many road crashes.

I had already decided the NO drivers were mostly insane, their technique seemed to be drive at 80 MPH everywhere, and when coming up to a red light or stop sign, slam on the brakes at the very last minute. Needless to say this just wasn't working for them in snow and sleet.

I kind of think that is what would happen if it actually snowed here. ( never has in recorded settlement)

However great city, we still had fun. I also love gumbo.

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
When someone tailgates me on the highway for no good reason, that's the perfect time to run my windshield washers. After all, a man's gotta see where he's going, right?. And funny thing, the car behind ends up running his too, before dropping back and/or changing lanes. Works every time.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
My trip to the cottage on the weekend includes two hours of driving on a two-lane secondary highway. It’s posted at 80 km/hr but I clip along in cruise control at 100 and hope I’m within the local LEO’s buffer.

Eventually, some impatient driver ends up tailgating me. Too often, they fail to take advantage of breaks in traffic where there’s a dotted centre line and continue to ride my bumper. Annoying, since they came up on me in a helluva hurry and seemed to want to get somewhere quickly. (Maybe they’re from Texas)

Since a brake check could be dangerous, I simply turn on my left turn signal when I’m uncomfortably close to a side road. So close that I’d have to be hard on the brakes to make the turn.

They sure back off in a hurry. Then, when I don’t slow down or turn, they’re usually pretty quick to pass as soon as they get a chance.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
My trip to the cottage on the weekend includes two hours of driving on a two-lane secondary highway. It’s posted at 80 km/hr but I clip along in cruise control at 100 and hope I’m within the local LEO’s buffer.

Eventually, some impatient driver ends up tailgating me. Too often, they fail to take advantage of breaks in traffic where there’s a dotted centre line and continue to ride my bumper. Annoying, since they came up on me in a helluva hurry and seemed to want to get somewhere quickly. (Maybe they’re from Texas)

Since a brake check could be dangerous, I simply turn on my left turn signal when I’m uncomfortably close to a side road. So close that I’d have to be hard on the brakes to make the turn.

They sure back off in a hurry. Then, when I don’t slow down or turn, they’re usually pretty quick to pass as soon as they get a chance.

Not my video. Just an example of being in a hurry mixed with road rage.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
thats pretty common in ontario
and to add even more confusion, it happens on multilane highways
wtf is wrong with some drivers
Yep typical in ON. I’ve also noticed that as I’m approaching traffic doing just under 100, when I get close, they back all the way down to the 80 kph limit. I have a feeling my black truck with the tactical gun cases on the roof rack looks a bit too much like an O.P.P. SUV coming up on them. ?

O.P.P. = Ontario Provincial Police (County Mountie)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just wait until you drive in Louisiana....to say they drive fast would be an understatement. And I thought Colorado drivers were bad...
It's just as bad here. Whether you're on a surface street of highway someone is on your bumper here. I normally drive in the middle lane when on the highway too. The speed limit is 65 I'm usually going 70-75 and sure enough there's someone so close to my bumper they could give me a colonoscopy. ?

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
I really don't like tailgaters, I'm already well above the speed limit most of the time, I will speed up just a bit to get them on the gas, then I will change lanes really fast, stand on the brakes then drop right in behind them, right on their rear bumper before they know what's going on.
That usually gets them excited, I'll hold that so they have to really accelerate to get away, then I lift and laugh and wave at them, not with a middle finger, a genuine friendly wave while I'm laughing, the passive aggressive thing is far better than actually showing any form of anger, and you know they have been getting the middle finger most of the time.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
often it seems someones personality is shown in the car and how they will drive. example: a tesla will speed and roll stop signs pretty reliably. kia soul will tail gate and go way faster than anyone sane would drive in a coffin like that. most of the cuv suv ish types are gonna be playing on the phone texting etc. instead of watching the road. ive learned to drive very defensively the last 15 years or so in my area. the influx of bad drivers is just clown shoes. i see every car around me as a threat to my safety and expect them to do whatever the most dangerous foolish things. keeps me safer. no wonder i like driving in the sticks and off road lol.
Sponsored