Sirius/XM Radio Glitch

Michael Ban

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford expedition
Hi everyone, I have googled my issues and found this thread, I have had the same problems in a 2018 Ford Edge. My subscription info says the music is activated but everything else says not available. I have had Sirius send numerous refresh signals, been on the phone with them for over an hour tons of times and I have had my module replaced by the dealership as well and yet my issue still remains. Sirius' response is that it is a Ford Problem and has said they are having issues with the Ranger, Lincoln MKZ, and other vehicles.
I have had my module replaced by the dealership as well.
I have created a ticket with Ford and they have referred me to NTHS for recalls to get the issue notified so they can work with Sirius on the issue and have asked if there are other issues recently, I have seen lots of issues on this matter dated from 2016 but i asked Ford if they are aware of recent issues of anyone else calling in the matter. Unfortunately, the customer service people do not have that information.
Please call Ford so we can get this matter fixed. 1-800-392-3673
Thanks,
any advice and help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Gr8typist

First Name
Milady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi 2020
Occupation
Government
Were you ever able to get a resolution? I have a brand new 2020 Fusion that has what seems like a similar issue. Everything in Sync 3 works with the exception of SiriusXM. When you push the button on the screen, nothing happens. It should, in theory, open the app to the preview channel (channel 1) on the radio, but it doesn't do anything. The button is dead. I have an active Sirius subscription that I transferred to the car using the VIN number and still nothing. Sirius Travel Link shows "not subscribed", even though that is also part of my subscription.

I've called Ford and created a service issue. They say the problem is Sirius. I've called Sirius and they say everything is fine on their end. I've done the master reset to no avail. Sirius has sent refresh signals to the car. My Sirius App on my phone works fine and shows an active subscription. Sirius referred me back to the dealership for a mechanical issue.

As a woman, getting the service techs to understand the issue without actually making them sit in the car and going through the issue is impossible. They tried to tell me all was fine the issue was that I didn't have an active subscription, which is the info they got from the Sirius Travel Link screen. I was feeling very mansplained, but after a few deep breaths and actually demonstrating the issue, the dealership put the car on the machine that receives the error codes and tells them where faults are. The radio tests out as perfectly fine. The antenna is receiving signal. So, Ford won't replace the module under warranty because they say it's working -- BUT IT CLEARLY ISN'T. The service manager, now a believer, has created an issue and escalated it Ford engineers, but they're saying it could be two hours to two weeks before they do anything.

Has anyone run into this issue where the SiriusXM app just doesn't open at all?

jas

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Software Engineer
This is reviving an old thread, but I had a weird thing happen this morning where after stopping and turning off the Ranger, then getting back in, my console display went completely black. I last had something playing via Apple CarPlay and that was still working, along with volume, but I couldn’t select any other sources from the steering wheel controls. Pulled fuse 13 and the display came on next start, but when checking things out later in the day, I couldn’t select SiriusXM and after getting to FM3, the steering wheel source button didn’t do anything. I could press the SiriusXM button on the display and it’d beep, but nothing happened after that. I found this thread and tried a master reset and after doing that, then turning the truck off and back on, things started working again. Hopefully this was a one-time glitch, but if anyone else has any weird things like this, try a master reset - worked for me.

ShoDog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Occupation
Engineer
Were you ever able to get a resolution? I have a brand new 2020 Fusion that has what seems like a similar issue. Everything in Sync 3 works with the exception of SiriusXM. When you push the button on the screen, nothing happens. It should, in theory, open the app to the preview channel (channel 1) on the radio, but it doesn't do anything. The button is dead. I have an active Sirius subscription that I transferred to the car using the VIN number and still nothing. Sirius Travel Link shows "not subscribed", even though that is also part of my subscription.

I've called Ford and created a service issue. They say the problem is Sirius. I've called Sirius and they say everything is fine on their end. I've done the master reset to no avail. Sirius has sent refresh signals to the car. My Sirius App on my phone works fine and shows an active subscription. Sirius referred me back to the dealership for a mechanical issue.

As a woman, getting the service techs to understand the issue without actually making them sit in the car and going through the issue is impossible. They tried to tell me all was fine the issue was that I didn't have an active subscription, which is the info they got from the Sirius Travel Link screen. I was feeling very mansplained, but after a few deep breaths and actually demonstrating the issue, the dealership put the car on the machine that receives the error codes and tells them where faults are. The radio tests out as perfectly fine. The antenna is receiving signal. So, Ford won't replace the module under warranty because they say it's working -- BUT IT CLEARLY ISN'T. The service manager, now a believer, has created an issue and escalated it Ford engineers, but they're saying it could be two hours to two weeks before they do anything.

Has anyone run into this issue where the SiriusXM app just doesn't open at all?
Hello Gr8typist. Did you ever get the SiriusXM app working. My wife's sister just bought a new 2020 Fusion S with the navigational package and she is having identical problem you are. Dealer will not help and Ford has a ticket in but no resolution. Thanks, ShoDog

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
This is reviving an old thread, but I had a weird thing happen this morning where after stopping and turning off the Ranger, then getting back in, my console display went completely black. I last had something playing via Apple CarPlay and that was still working, along with volume, but I couldn’t select any other sources from the steering wheel controls. Pulled fuse 13 and the display came on next start, but when checking things out later in the day, I couldn’t select SiriusXM and after getting to FM3, the steering wheel source button didn’t do anything. I could press the SiriusXM button on the display and it’d beep, but nothing happened after that. I found this thread and tried a master reset and after doing that, then turning the truck off and back on, things started working again. Hopefully this was a one-time glitch, but if anyone else has any weird things like this, try a master reset - worked for me.
I've only had my Ranger for a couple months and other than the initial sluggishness of the audio controls in the first fifteen seconds of driving, no problems. Until today, that is.

We were going on our first extended trip with the vehicle and about twenty minutes in, the screen went black and then completely went through a reset, as though the vehicle had started from scratch. Later, the screen went black again, but still had audio. Eventually, the screen came back on. Late in the day, we stopped for gas and when we restarted the car, the Sirius app was frozen on the song that was on when we turned the truck off. No audio, but the song was in the display. Restarting the truck did nothing. I can choose any audio source (and they all work) except Sirius XM. That one will not switch when I press the button for it.

Quite strange, but sounds similar to what you were experiencing.

10Zero

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Lariat
...Late in the day, we stopped for gas and when we restarted the car, the Sirius app was frozen on the song that was on when we turned the truck off. No audio, but the song was in the display. Restarting the truck did nothing. I can choose any audio source (and they all work) except Sirius XM. That one will not switch when I press the button for it.

Quite strange, but sounds similar to what you were experiencing.
I've had this issue with both our 2020 Ranger Lariat as well as our 2020 Mustang. I've yet to figure out the root cause, except it's probably something to do with the Sirius tuner hardware. Here's what I've personally figured out so far to get it working again...

To begin, I've figured out it only happens when the vehicle is running, you shut it off then start it right back up for whatever reason (at least with me). On that restart, Sirius is locked up, and no volume. FM works, just not Sirius.

To reset it (our Ranger or Mustang), exit the vehicle and lock the doors. Wait 3 minutes, unlock it and start it back up...Sirius now working.

Don't know why, or who should fix. But this is my way of resetting Sirius.

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I've had this issue with both our 2020 Ranger Lariat as well as our 2020 Mustang. I've yet to figure out the root cause, except it's probably something to do with the Sirius tuner hardware. Here's what I've personally figured out so far to get it working again...

To begin, I've figured out it only happens when the vehicle is running, you shut it off then start it right back up for whatever reason (at least with me). On that restart, Sirius is locked up, and no volume. FM works, just not Sirius.

To reset it (our Ranger or Mustang), exit the vehicle and lock the doors. Wait 3 minutes, unlock it and start it back up...Sirius now working.

That's interesting. We've noticed the last few days that the problem has "disappeared" but the software version is the same. But, we've never restarted the truck immediately after turning it off, such as we did at the gas station, where we first noticed the problem.

Thanks for the workaround!

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired

What version Sync are you running? This sounds like it is related to the Sirius bugs introduced beginning with 21020 and continuing with 21098.

You should also be able to fix it by doing a soft reboot (holding the power button and right track advance button at simultaneously for about 10 seconds) without having to do the stop, exit, restart process.

10Zero

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Lariat
What version Sync are you running? This sounds like it is related to the Sirius bugs introduced beginning with 21020 and continuing with 21098.

You should also be able to fix it by doing a soft reboot (holding the power button and right track advance button at simultaneously for about 10 seconds) without having to do the stop, exit, restart process.
Truck had 21020, updated now to 21098. Hope this is fixed one day. None the less, appreciate the tip on a soft reboot. If things lock up again, a soft reboot will be quicker than getting out and waiting it out.

CycloneCowboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Professional Storm Photographer / Volunteer EMS
Same problem with my 2021 Ranger. Sometimes (not always) after starting, the Sirius does not work. The FM/AM does. The Sirius commands on the screen are frozen and there is no sound. After turning off the engine and waiting, it works. Let's keep everyone updated as this is beginning to sound like a common problem.

LNK_Keff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat sport 501 magnetic gray, 2018 Volvo XC90 T5, 1963 Chevrolet Impala 2 door coupe
Occupation
Logistics Manager
Same problem with my 2021 Ranger. Sometimes (not always) after starting, the Sirius does not work. The FM/AM does. The Sirius commands on the screen are frozen and there is no sound. After turning off the engine and waiting, it works. Let's keep everyone updated as this is beginning to sound like a common problem.
EXACT same problem in my 2019 Lariat after upgrading to the newest Version of Sync 21098. Happens sporadically but still annoying as heck.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
EXACT same problem in my 2019 Lariat after upgrading to the newest Version of Sync 21098. Happens sporadically but still annoying as heck.
It appears version 21194 (available on CyanLabs) cures the problems with Sirius and TravelLink.

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Do the soft reboot that Alan mentioned a few posts up. Simply hold the power and forward buttons down for about 5 seconds and the radio will reboot. You'll have Sirius/XM back up within seconds. Works every time.
Sponsored