First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ruby) 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
retired
Looking to see if anyone besides me is having issues with the radio.
I turn truck on using SiriusXM. Sometimes ( more lately) after turning the truck off then back on the radio loses it's sound on Sirius only. If I change the source to FM or AM that works, but then I am not able to select Sirius until I shut truck off then back on.
I found that if I do not change source to something other than SiriusXM, it will not fix itself. I have to select FM or AM, shut off truck the start up and then it will let me select SiriusXM and then has sound.
I hope I explained it in a way it makes sense.
Sponsored

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I turn truck on using SiriusXM. Sometimes ( more lately) after turning the truck off then back on the radio loses it's sound on Sirius only. If I change the source to FM or AM that works, but then I am not able to select Sirius until I shut truck off then back on.
I found that if I do not change source to something other than SiriusXM, it will not fix itself. I have to select FM or AM, shut off truck the start up and then it will let me select SiriusXM and then has sound.
Unfortunately, a common problem with those of us that have upgraded either SYNC or the NAV. Quick fix (but a temporary one) is to do a soft reboot.

OP
OP
CHS

CHS

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Well that sucks?
How do you do a soft reset. I did find a video showing that you press the volume and fast forward buttons and it does it but that was on a 19 ford Explorer. Have not tried it yet. I don't want to have to go through the setup each time by wiping everything out.

Last edited:

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
That's how you do it, volume and FF at the same time, I have had to do it many times, I even did a master reset, my buddy at the Ford dealer said (which I can't believe) to disconnect the battery for a few minutes, that's how you fixed 90's electronics wtf?

OP
OP
CHS

CHS

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
That's how you do it, volume and FF at the same time, I have had to do it many times, I even did a master reset, my buddy at the Ford dealer said (which I can't believe) to disconnect the battery for a few minutes, that's how you fixed 90's electronics wtf?
It did do the reboot. Now we'll see if it works when the volume cuts out.

jss81258

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Occupation
Fixed equipment inspector
My display locks up with no response to any input. Sirius keeps playing, but won't display what's playing, nav freezes, etc. Happens about once a month or so and seems pretty random. Soft reset fixes it.

MathGod

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Platinum Lariat
Occupation
Educator
Thanks for the info!

Been having issues with the XM, too.

rcairflr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
retired
my buddy at the Ford dealer said (which I can't believe) to disconnect the battery for a few minutes, that's how you fixed 90's electronics wtf?
I've worked aircraft since about 1988. That is about the time the cockpit and systems became digital. We can usually fix most of the problems by cycling power Off/On to the aircraft. If it is a hard problem than obviously that doesn't work

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I've worked aircraft since about 1988. That is about the time the cockpit and systems became digital. We can usually fix most of the problems by cycling power Off/On to the aircraft. If it is a hard problem than obviously that doesn't work
There's something about rebooting a plane just doesn't sound right, and I'm in I.T. ?

IndySouth

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Crew Cab 4WD
Occupation
Retired
I have the same problem. Usually after I turn the vehicle off at the gas station to refuel. Short period of (off) time. When I restart, SiriusXM seems muted but will not unmute. AM/FM stations will play fine. If the truck is turned off for a while everything returns to normal and SiriusXM works. Go figure!

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
I have the same problem. Usually after I turn the vehicle off at the gas station to refuel. Short period of (off) time. When I restart, SiriusXM seems muted but will not unmute. AM/FM stations will play fine. If the truck is turned off for a while everything returns to normal and SiriusXM works. Go figure!
That’s part of the bug introduced in version 21020 and still in 21098. It seems there is a fix coming soon as some have reported that a newer version is available through Cyan Labs which has resolved the issues. I’m going to wait for Ford to officially release it.

Meanwhile, you can do a quick fix when it happens by a soft reboot (hold the power and right advance buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds).

IndySouth

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Crew Cab 4WD
Occupation
Retired
That’s part of the bug introduced in version 21020 and still in 21098. It seems there is a fix coming soon as some have reported that a newer version is available through Cyan Labs which has resolved the issues. I’m going to wait for Ford to officially release it.

Meanwhile, you can do a quick fix when it happens by a soft reboot (hold the power and right advance buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds).
Thank You....

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT

Looks like Sync version 3.4.21194 is now available via CyanLabs. I'll be flashing mine to that once I get it back from the dealer in a few days. Hopefully they will be able to finally fix the leak now that I located it for them.
Sponsored