Sirius travel link issues

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
I've been exchanging emails with someone at Sync support regarding the Travel Link issues. I advised them that I had indeed been able to successfully roll back Sync and resolve the issue using the the old version.

The good news is they have identified the issue(s). The bad news is we have to wait on the fix which could take a while due to the complexity of the issue.

Their guidance is:
"if this concern doesn't resolve itself within a week of the vehicle being driven is to take the vehicle to the dealership for a technician to diagnose the concern. If they can't figure out what is going on then they need to involve the tech hotline that has direct contact with Engineers to get this resolved sooner."

I also volunteered to be a test dummy for them but they did not address the request.
Test dummies are reserved for the real dummies, like myself :like:. I think they plan to allow beta testing with SYNC 4 at some point though.
Sponsored

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Will a master reset and reactivation wipe out my maintenance records ?

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
Apparently, I have caught the same bug. This morning, I noticed a "system update downloading" message (or something to that effect) at the top of my screen. Then, as we went into a 400 mile trip, several strange things occurred, which have been the same ones that many on this and forums from other Ford products using the Sync 3 system have mentioned: no live traffic, rear-seat child detection is turned back on (even if you've had it disabled before), SiriusXM completely freezes up (all other audio sources work) and won't even allow you to select it if you leave for another source.

When we got home, I parked the vehicle for 30 minutes, went outside and Sirius again worked. Until I cycled the truck off and on. Then, the song that WAS playing was still displayed on the screen, but it wasn't playing and the Sirius app became completely unresponsive to touch input.

Not sure if I should wait a couple days to see if they push out a new update. This version is 21020. If it bugs me enough, I might try to go backwards with the build as some of you have done. Annoying, but not the end of the world. Hope they fix it sooner than later.

Edit: I have turned off the automatic update "feature"!

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
Will a master reset and reactivation wipe out my maintenance records ?
My records were not deleted from the app after I did a Master Reset and reactivated.

Last edited:

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Apparently, I have caught the same bug. This morning, I noticed a "system update downloading" message (or something to that effect) at the top of my screen. Then, as we went into a 400 mile trip, several strange things occurred, which have been the same ones that many on this and forums from other Ford products using the Sync 3 system have mentioned: no live traffic, rear-seat child detection is turned back on (even if you've had it disabled before), SiriusXM completely freezes up (all other audio sources work) and won't even allow you to select it if you leave for another source.

When we got home, I parked the vehicle for 30 minutes, went outside and Sirius again worked. Until I cycled the truck off and on. Then, the song that WAS playing was still displayed on the screen, but it wasn't playing and the Sirius app became completely unresponsive to touch input.

Not sure if I should wait a couple days to see if they push out a new update. This version is 21020. If it bugs me enough, I might try to go backwards with the build as some of you have done. Annoying, but not the end of the world. Hope they fix it sooner than later.

Edit: I have turned off the automatic update "feature"!
Amazing they are still pushing out 21020 and 21098. I doubt a fix will be out anytime soon. For what it is worth, rolling back to 20351 and doing the Master Reset fixed everything for me.

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
Amazing they are still pushing out 21020 and 21098. I doubt a fix will be out anytime soon. For what it is worth, rolling back to 20351 and doing the Master Reset fixed everything for me.
OK, thanks.

Simple case of downloading onto a usb stick and (I'm hoping) following some simple directions?

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Last edited:

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
It's real pain that Ford can't get their act together on this issue but until then I'll just run Android Auto.

Ford is a company that can build some amazing products but their service at taking care of issues is horrendous!
Sponsored