First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Well it seems I may have a bad Sirius/XM module. I haven't had Travel Link work properly since I picked up my truck. I've had Sirius reinitialize my radio a half a dozen times and spent a couple hours with their tech people on the phone to no avail. They finally came to the conclusion that it is the Sirius/XM module in my vehicle.
Made an appointment with my dealer for next week.
I'll let Y'all know what shakes out...
Sponsored

Kevin Bloom

First Name
KEvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x2
I have a new 2019 XLT Crew Cab 4x2 with 600 miles on it.. The SiriusXm radio stops working at random times on my Sync3 system. It will display "Searching For Satellite" on my Sync3 display screen. It is completely random. Clear day, cloudy days. And it last for hours at a time. I live in the suburbs and there are no obstructions. I've tired a master Sync3 reset and refreshed my satellite with SiriusXm. and Still it will work one day just fine then not work the next I have been a Ford owner for 10 years and a SiriusXm customer for 15 years. Never had a problem like this before. I've seen several threads in online forums related to this happening in 2018 Ford Explorers; so is this a known issue to Ford?

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

RangerCat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I had the same issue. I called SiriusXM and spent an hour on the phone without any resolution. Then I decided to do a master reset on the radio and that fixed it. Master reset can be found in the settings menu.

Kevin Bloom

First Name
KEvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the same issue. I called SiriusXM and spent an hour on the phone without any resolution. Then I decided to do a master reset on the radio and that fixed it. Master reset can be found in the settings menu.
I tied a master reset last week and it did nothing. I guess I can try it again!?!?

OP
OP
CoastieN70

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Good to know. I've done a ton to try and fix this but I'm not sure I have done a "Master Reset." At this point it can't hurt. I'll give it a try today and let Y'all know how it went.

OP
OP
CoastieN70

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Good to know. I've done a ton to try and fix this but I'm not sure I have done a "Master Reset." At this point it can't hurt. I'll give it a try today and let Y'all know how it went.
Well Son Of A Gun! If a Sync Master Reset didn't correct my problem. I thought I had done that already but I appear to be incorrect (I'm never wrong :D).
Had to reinstall my phone/Ford Pass and some radio statins but all in all everything seems to be working! I'll wait a day or two before I cancel my Service Appointment but I am hopeful that I have the problem fixed... :thumbsup:

Kevin Bloom

First Name
KEvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My radio continue to work one day and not the next. Recently I has started to work for a few minutes then stops for hours... Bringing it in to Ford for Service next week; SiriusXM says it is an equipment issue

OP
OP
CoastieN70

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
My radio continue to work one day and not the next. Recently I has started to work for a few minutes then stops for hours... Bringing it in to Ford for Service next week; SiriusXM says it is an equipment issue
Sounds like it truly is a hardware problem...

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for updates to those that went into Dealer to look at their sync screen freezing issues.

ShannonG

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Hi everyone, I have googled my issues and found this thread, I have had the same problems in a 2018 Ford Edge. My subscription info says the music is activated but everything else says not available. I have had Sirius send numerous refresh signals, been on the phone with them for over an hour tons of times and I have had my module replaced by the dealership as well and yet my issue still remains. Sirius' response is that it is a Ford Problem and has said they are having issues with the Ranger, Lincoln MKZ, and other vehicles.
I have had my module replaced by the dealership as well.
I have created a ticket with Ford and they have referred me to NTHS for recalls to get the issue notified so they can work with Sirius on the issue and have asked if there are other issues recently, I have seen lots of issues on this matter dated from 2016 but i asked Ford if they are aware of recent issues of anyone else calling in the matter. Unfortunately, the customer service people do not have that information.
Please call Ford so we can get this matter fixed. 1-800-392-3673
Thanks,
any advice and help is greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
CoastieN70

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Well Son Of A Gun! If a Sync Master Reset didn't correct my problem. I thought I had done that already but I appear to be incorrect (I'm never wrong :D).
Had to reinstall my phone/Ford Pass and some radio statins but all in all everything seems to be working! I'll wait a day or two before I cancel my Service Appointment but I am hopeful that I have the problem fixed... :thumbsup:
Update: Since I did the master reset all seems to be working as it should EXCEPT that on initial start and or restart the radio/sync is "Sluggish" For example, I prefer the "Audio" screen but my equipment defaults to the Home Screen. When I push the Audio screen icon on the touch screen there is a 2 to 4 second lag until the screen changes. Often I have to tap the Audio icon several times to get it to switch. After initial start/restart lag everything works normally.

ShannonG

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Did a master reset. no change in subscriptions saying activated.
did you do an update after master reset?

OP
OP
CoastieN70

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Did a master reset. no change in subscriptions saying activated.
did you do an update after master reset?
I have the latest version from the start on the Ranger, BUT I had to do an update in my 2017 Mustang to get everything working properly...

Michael Ban

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford expedition
Hi everyone, I have googled my issues and found this thread, I have had the same problems in a 2018 Ford Edge. My subscription info says the music is activated but everything else says not available. I have had Sirius send numerous refresh signals, been on the phone with them for over an hour tons of times and I have had my module replaced by the dealership as well and yet my issue still remains. Sirius' response is that it is a Ford Problem and has said they are having issues with the Ranger, Lincoln MKZ, and other vehicles.
I have had my module replaced by the dealership as well.
I have created a ticket with Ford and they have referred me to NTHS for recalls to get the issue notified so they can work with Sirius on the issue and have asked if there are other issues recently, I have seen lots of issues on this matter dated from 2016 but i asked Ford if they are aware of recent issues of anyone else calling in the matter. Unfortunately, the customer service people do not have that information.
Please call Ford so we can get this matter fixed. 1-800-392-3673
Thanks,
any advice and help is greatly appreciated.

Michael Ban

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford expedition
Hello, did you ever get this resolved, if so what was the problem? My 2018 Ford expedition has the exact same issue and has been at the dealer for almost a week with no resolution. Thank you so much.
Sponsored