Arc Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL SuperCrew with STX package
Vehicle Showcase
On my drive to work today I realized I couldn't change the radio station, or do anything with regards to the system. I thought when I got to work and shut down the truck it would shut itself off. Nope. Screen is still on even after getting out of the truck and locking it. Anybody know if there is a way to manually shut off or reboot the system? I have the basic radio (not the touch screen). Thanks in advance.

Update: I just walked out to the car and the screen is off now. It's been about 1 hour since I parked it. Hopefully it reset itself and will work once I turn on the car again. But if anyone knows of a manual reset I definitely would like to know.
Sponsored

Last edited:

blackc2004

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger; 1978 Ford Bronco; 1971 Ford Torino
Mine has done the same multiple times even after a master reset. It also sometimes just stays BLACK once you turnt he car on. Seems very buggy to me.

OP
OP
Arc Ranger

Arc Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL SuperCrew with STX package
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has done the same multiple times even after a master reset. It also sometimes just stays BLACK once you turnt he car on. Seems very buggy to me.
How do you do a master reset? The radio was back to normal when I turned the truck on again but it would be handy to know for the future if it happens again.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
If you're having repeated issues, take it to the dealer. That's not normal, and they're all still under warranty.

Alex6511

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 301A, Tech, Spot, Bed Utility and Trailer tow packages.
Occupation
Software Engineer
How do you do a master reset? The radio was back to normal when I turned the truck on again but it would be handy to know for the future if it happens again.
Master reset is under the settings menu, at the bottom of general settings I believe. You can also perform a reboot of the sync 3 unit by pressing the mute/volume button (the center of the volume dial, it often is radio on/off) and the "skip" or "fast-forward" button, which is to the right of the pause/play button. Press them both for 10 seconds.

EDIT: Master reset will delete all your settings including radio presets.

Tarawadet

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Master reset is under the settings menu, at the bottom of general settings I believe. You can also perform a reboot of the sync 3 unit by pressing the mute/volume button (the center of the volume dial, it often is radio on/off) and the "skip" or "fast-forward" button, which is to the right of the pause/play button. Press them both for 10 seconds.

EDIT: Master reset will delete all your settings including radio presets.
Thanks, the on off and fast forward buttons worked like a charm, reset the frozen screen and didn’t lose any presets

jlarrabee104

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Mine did this a couple of weeks ago. Brought it back to the dealer for an update. Didn't cost a thing (besides your time and loneliness without a radio)

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
RETIRED FORD ELECTRONIC/DRIVEABILITY TECH
Vehicle Showcase
On my drive to work today I realized I couldn't change the radio station, or do anything with regards to the system. I thought when I got to work and shut down the truck it would shut itself off. Nope. Screen is still on even after getting out of the truck and locking it. Anybody know if there is a way to manually shut off or reboot the system? I have the basic radio (not the touch screen). Thanks in advance.

Update: I just walked out to the car and the screen is off now. It's been about 1 hour since I parked it. Hopefully it reset itself and will work once I turn on the car again. But if anyone knows of a manual reset I definitely would like to know.
Nov, 2019--I started this post on "SOFTWARE ISSUES"---

https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/software-issues-on-sync.184129/

Was working on this stuff years ago, and software issues, were even worse then--Glitchy, temperamental???? I think so:lipssealed:

Zanardi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Saber 4x4 Sport
My screen froze up too recently - about 3 K miles and on the road a bit over 2 months. I had experienced this same thing every couple of months with the previous generation Sync system on my 2013 Ford Escape. I've found both with my Escape and Ranger that shutting off the vehicle and restarting solves the problem. You have to leave it shut off a minute or two to make sure the screen goes dark/shuts down. If you restart too fast the Sync system won't reboot.

With the Escape it was very sporadic (every couple months). If it remains sporadic with the Ranger I'll likely do nothing. I'm not convinced it is truly a defect or just the nature of computers. My laptop will lock up on occasion if I have it doing to many tasks too fast.

Pieterbusa

First Name
Pieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Ranger 3,2 XLT Supercab
Occupation
Senior Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, the on off and fast forward buttons worked like a charm, reset the frozen screen and didn’t lose any presets
I had the same problem with mine last week, and thanks to your advice got it reset. Worked 100%
Sponsored