Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Muffin1

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Just to change the subject a little, how did you reach in there to clean out between the cab and bed?
I used a grabber pickup tool it has claw type at one end and you squeeze the handle to open/ close the other, I would post a pic but misplaced the dam thing somewhere,lol.

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
I got a friday truck. My hood fender alignment is crooked, front bumper crooked, driver door crooked, i do not want to check the bed. And one of the tailgate cables is loose, just hanges while the other is tight. So if i keepnit covered in mud, and have the inside bed all scratched and dented, and never unhook the trailer,
the truck is perfect! 😊

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
What ever you do don't measure the lean to the left especially if you have a full tank of gas. You will never unsee it. 😜
Lean to the driver's side or passenger's side?

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I got a friday truck. My hood fender alignment is crooked, front bumper crooked, driver door crooked, i do not want to check the bed. And one of the tailgate cables is loose, just hanges while the other is tight. So if i keepnit covered in mud, and have the inside bed all scratched and dented, and never unhook the trailer,
the truck is perfect! 😊
I forgot all about that Friday & Monday truck stuff. That was something I used to always check.

Scatch85

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Analyst
Mine is probably off a bit. It came with a loose bed from the factory. The robots were sleepy that day.
Where I work granted we build large aircraft with tight tolerances, but the robots do jack things up from time to time that's why we have a person watching to make sure it's being done right. We also have inspections after the fact by people. Gaps and alignment issues definitely get shimmed as necessary to meet engineering expectations.

Granted a bed out of whack isn't going to do much but I can't see a cab being out of tolerance not causing a safety issue after a certain point.

Maybe I'm just looking at it filtered from my experience where when drilling by hand you are allowed +/-0.005" flushness and +/-0.02 deg angularity on holes/bolt installs.

I have an 1986 F-150 I'm restoring and half the rust was caused because the automotive spec was just screw everything through the floor without any water sealing.
Sponsored