Show me your Topper!

Deleted member 1634

Nice! What is the length of the crossbars?
They are 60" Yakima Round bars. I originally wanted the aero profile ones, but my father-in-law gave us these round bars he had lying around at no cost, so might as well.

Here's a shot from when I was initially installing the pads on the topper roof. They're long enough that if I really wanted, I could put my roof cage (leftover from my previous Subaru) in the center and mount a kayak on either side in the J-cradle style mounts as shown here. With the kayaks sitting flat, as we prefer it, they fit side-by-side with room to spare. Probably could actually get away with 50" bars if the mounting pads where in the right spot to not interfere with the kayak mount attachments.

IMG_20200529_192937705.jpg

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
A.R.E. with headliner and Bedrug, gets used for camping a lot

IMG_2018.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg
Hey Blake,
Nice Truck and Topper! Bought my last Ranger (2011) from Smith Ford in Lordsburg. Great dealership, people and service! A days drive back and forth from ABQ.

Smith Ford 3.jpg

Smith Ford 4.jpg

Front Angle.jpg

Side.jpg

Last edited:

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.

Blakebird

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Supercab
Hey Blake,
Nice Truck and Topper! Bought my last Ranger (2011) from Smith Ford in Lordsburg. Great dealership, people and service! A days drive back and forth from ABQ.
We just moved here about 11 months ago after 20+ yrs in Denver. So far I've had very good luck with the local Ford dealership here.
I bought my Ranger at Brighton Ford, on Black Friday 2019 (for $10k off of it's $36k msrp).

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
My Leer 100XR doing its magic trick courtesy of TopperEZLift
IMG_1394.JPG
Nice :) I did this as well, but found I needed to cut one of the two parallel ranger bed perimeter lips (and also cut out parts of my Snugtop), to get the actuators to clamp securely to a lip. It's still not as secure as most other trucks with a single, taller lip to clamp to...the Ranger's are quite short.

Did you go the route of removing part of the rails, or do something else to get a secure clamp?
Sponsored