Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a smittybilt on my f150 currently. Just ordered my cap for the ranger and when that comes in, moving both my rtt and awning over to the ranger. Then i get to start on the interior. I have been really happy with the smittybilt so far and couldn't beat the price.
Sponsored

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Iā€™m torn between the Torro SkyLux and Roofnest Condor. Pretty much the same thing except the Torro has insulation and an annex as well as a 3 year warranty vs Roofnestā€™s 2 years.

Anyone looking at these? Iā€™ll be mounting it to my diamond back cover.

Charley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT FX4 Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Yakima 2 person. I will be buying their annex this Spring, An annex adds a lot - provides some privacy, some stand up room and if your are not quite remote enough, it can provide some sit down bathroom privacy.

Cdveltri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Iā€™m torn between the Torro SkyLux and Roofnest Condor. Pretty much the same thing except the Torro has insulation and an annex as well as a 3 year warranty vs Roofnestā€™s 2 years.

I got the Condor but haven't had a chance to mount it to my diamond back yet. I am working on a DIY solution for load bars that will mount to the cover. I'm planning to have it done this weekend. I have opened up the Condor and climbed around inside and was very happy with it so far though this is my first RTT so it's really just 1 data point for me.

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 XLT FX4 S Cab, FX4, 301A, Tow, Technology
I was thinking about an RTT then I saw these. The smaller version can be used as an RTT with a platform. Not cheap but less than an RTT and you still have use of your truck. Setup in 30 seconds.

https://www.oztent.com/tents

John Galt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Just ordered my loaded AluCab canopy camper from Juniper Overland in Denver. Will report back in 12 weeks with update. Expensive but very nice setup, and I sold my pull behind camper to offset. We go out for long trips deep in the mountains and deserts. You gotta pay to play.

Mmmmmnachos

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase

I originally ordered the Condor and when I received it the top shell was all bubbled up, looked like a bad mold from the manufacturer. They let me take it to their warehouse near where I live to swap it out but the other 2 I opened also had the same imperfections and it just didn't look good, I really didn't want it on my truck looking like that. It could have just been a bad batch. They were understanding and gave me a refund.

I ended up ordering the Skylux Bantam which is pretty much the same thing but the top cover looks more sleek similar to the Skycamp Mini in black. Hopefully no imperfections lol. Its also listed as 14lbs lighter. The part I really like is that the side window awnings can be removed/rolled up for quicker set up and take down without having to insert the awning support rods every time exactly like the iKamper Skycamp Mini. I probably wouldn't always use them so for me it is nice to not have to like you would on the Condor's windows. Also seems to let more light in. And like you said it also comes with the annex, insulation, and awning, better value than the Condor and much better value than the Skycamp mini. Should be receiving it early next month. If you have any questions email them. Corey has answered all questions I've had in a very timely manner.

Mmmmmnachos

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking about an RTT then I saw these. The smaller version can be used as an RTT with a platform. Not cheap but less than an RTT and you still have use of your truck. Setup in 30 seconds.

https://www.oztent.com/tents
Those are actually pretty cool. More convenient too if you need to drive away from camp for any reason and not have to tear down. Hmmmm....

OP
OP
2020FX4

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase

I like that Torro SkyLux!

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered my loaded AluCab canopy camper from Juniper Overland in Denver. Will report back in 12 weeks with update. Expensive but very nice setup, and I sold my pull behind camper to offset. We go out for long trips deep in the mountains and deserts. You gotta pay to play.
That is what I ultimately want. Just couldn't cough up the money yet. It looks like the perfect setup. Cant wait to see it on the truck.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
I originally ordered the Condor and when I received it the top shell was all bubbled up, looked like a bad mold from the manufacturer. They let me take it to their warehouse near where I live to swap it out but the other 2 I opened also had the same imperfections and it just didn't look good, I really didn't want it on my truck looking like that. It could have just been a bad batch. They were understanding and gave me a refund.

I ended up ordering the Skylux Bantam which is pretty much the same thing but the top cover looks more sleek similar to the Skycamp Mini in black. Hopefully no imperfections lol. Its also listed as 14lbs lighter. The part I really like is that the side window awnings can be removed/rolled up for quicker set up and take down without having to insert the awning support rods every time exactly like the iKamper Skycamp Mini. I probably wouldn't always use them so for me it is nice to not have to like you would on the Condor's windows. Also seems to let more light in. And like you said it also comes with the annex, insulation, and awning, better value than the Condor and much better value than the Skycamp mini. Should be receiving it early next month. If you have any questions email them. Corey has answered all questions I've had in a very timely manner.

Appreciate your experience with the Condor. Iā€™m about 2 hours away from them now so it would be more annoying to go up there and exchange a top if they did have one that looked better.

Now Iā€™m at a loss for which tent to buy. Anyone know of other 5ā€™ hard top tents? Might just be the over priced Skycamp mini at this point. Only concern I have with the SkyLux is the finish on the shell. Being gloss black I think it would show trial rash and general use scratches a lot more.

Mmmmmnachos

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate your experience with the Condor. Iā€™m about 2 hours away from them now so it would be more annoying to go up there and exchange a top if they did have one that looked better.

Now Iā€™m at a loss for which tent to buy. Anyone know of other 5ā€™ hard top tents? Might just be the over priced Skycamp mini at this point. Only concern I have with the SkyLux is the finish on the shell. Being gloss black I think it would show trial rash and general use scratches a lot more.
You can probably have it sprayed with bedliner for not too much.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport

I got a Condor and mine was perfect. Granted, I got the XL and yes, it will hang over my tailgate by 10" but the space is well worth it. The built in LED lighting is a really nice touch as well. There are two strips under the tent when it's folded out that will illuminate my tailgate for cooking and such.
Also for anyone who ends up with an XL Condor, I will be making an awning that specifically fits my truck. It will extend along the roofline and down the windshield and clip to my ditch light brackets. Once I get it made, I could probably template it and make more. I have made all things hiking gear for years so this will be quite easy compared to a complicated backpack.

Last edited:

stinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger blue Lariat
I got a Condor and mine was perfect. Granted, I got the XL and yes, it will hang over my tailgate by 10" but the space is well worth it. The built in LED lighting is a really nice touch as well. There are two strips under the tent when it's folded out that will illuminate my tailgate for cooking and such.
Also for anyone who ends up with an XL Condor, I will be making an awning that specifically fits my truck. It will extend along the roofline and down the windshield and clip to my ditch light brackets. Once I get it made, I could probably template it and make more. I have made all things hiking gear for years so this will be quite easy compared to a complicated backpack.
I have the outpost HD rack from Yakima. I've been looking at the condor xl as well. Would love to see what it looks like on your truck!
Sponsored