Sell to Dealer for Close to MSRP?? OR Keep it and Mod??

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Haha, I have learned to love the truck height. For the first couple years of owning a truck, I always missed the low feel of a car. Feeling close to the road, definitely felt more alive driving. However, after I took an extended road trip in a Mustang rental in Hawaii.. I realized I love the height of the truck because I forgot I have mild astigmatism, boy oh boy others headlights nice bright stars of light :LOL: Now it's 70% truck lover, 30% slammed low car lover. Used to be the other way around.
Oh, I can relate to that. I have an astigmatism too and sometimes at night it's like fireworks going off in your face with the starburst. I found out I had one when my red dot was no longer a dot but more like a blurry starburst. At first I thought the red dot was defective so I took a picture of the dot and it was fine so I knew it was me. lol
Sponsored

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Oh, I can relate to that. I have an astigmatism too and sometimes at night it's like fireworks going off in your face with the starburst. I found out I had one when my red dot was no longer a dot but more like a blurry starburst. At first I thought the red dot was defective soI took a picture of the dot and it was fine so I knew it was me. lol
Haha totally understand the fireworks, especially with certain headlights. Wait a second... RED DOTS AREN'T SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE THAT?! AHAHAHAHA I just realized this whole time I have been forgetting too much about my astigmatism. The cheaper ones had more of a blur for me, until I switched to Trijicon and it has less of a blur but after double checking now, definitely still a small little star. Well, great. I am defective :giggle:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. Every time I get in my gf Honda Civic I feel like I'm sitting on the pavement. It just feels weird since I've always owned trucks.

That's how I am without a 2" riser. ? When I had my ZX-11 and GSXR 1K I had to lean the bike to one side in order to touch the ground.
Yeah, that truck feeling of being "head and shoulders above the rest" of the drivers is hard to beat! Not to mention the higher clearance underneath....

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Fugging sell it now while you can. It has characteristics you don’t care for. Putting $2k into may not make you happy. This is the time to get out and make $ on what you are not happy with.

Quit talking about it and go for the $$. You will be a much smarter new vehicle purchaser knowing what you don’t like in the truck.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
There areas fixes for the limited times you "need" a truck. Rent one from HD, Lowes or even Uhaul for a few hours. I really enjoy driving a truck and I do "need" mine for work so for me it's a necessity but it sounds like you could get along just fine without one. Take the money and run. ?
Dave,
The only downside to owning a Truck is that neighbors, friends and relatives come up with "little" hauling jobs that they need help with :D. My last Truck had a shell so that minimized those requests ;). But really those favors give you a chance to take another ride and show off the hauling capacity of the Truck. My last venture was hauling two loads of large building blocks and the loads averaged 997 lbs. each. The Ranger didn't strain one iota :muscle:

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
Dave,
The only downside to owning a Truck is that neighbors, friends and relatives come up with "little" hauling jobs that they need help with :D. My last Truck had a shell so that minimized those requests ;). But really those favors give you a chance to take another ride and show off the hauling capacity of the Truck. My last venture was hauling two loads of large building blocks and the loads averaged 997 lbs. each. The Ranger didn't strain one iota :muscle:
I never wanted that many friends.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Dave,
I handle those requests like so...

"Sure, I'll drive, you load and unload."

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Except for Saber, of course!:wink:
You've got that right :handsinair:. The only competition is Cyber Orange...spelling is right :wink:. Can't wait to see one in real time :LOL:

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Last edited:
OP
OP
DAT84

DAT84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Sport | '09 MS3 - CorkSport Tuned
Occupation
Structural Detailer / Drafter
Dave,
Haha. The only thing family has asked me to haul so far is when my mom bought a new mattress, so I had to deliver that to her.

I've already had mine up to it's max payload capacity a few times. 16 x 80 lb bags of concrete mix (1280 lbs), plus my 200ish lb self, put me right there (wanna says it's like 1480 lbs). Aside from a little squat in the back, I could barely tell I had anything back there.

I removed my tonneau and put everything else back to stock this morning. But then, I decided to hold off for today and told the dealer. I asked if I could have til Monday. He said call back Monday and they'll let me know if they are still interested or not. I contacted a few other dealers out of curiosity, and was told $32 and $33. I have a feeling the $38,000 offer wont be around Monday :( Kinda kicking myself now and thinking I shoulda went with my instincts first thing this AM and gone to the dealer. Of course I am one who overanalyzes EVERYTHING, even buying cereal, so this is what happens.

4rd SVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT, Ford Performance, Winter-Beaters
I'm playing with tire pressures with my Ranger:
255/65R17
So far, 34/36 psi [front] & 28/30 psi [Rear]

This is with just family and light rear load or empty bed only. Seems to ride better with the OE suspension.

But I'm gonna upgrade the rear shocks with Eibach or Bilstein:

Eibach Sport Shock Rear Ford Ranger

-OR-

Bilstein Shock Rear Ford Ranger

Also saving up my pennies to install a rear sway-bar kit which so far ONLY Hellwig offers:

Stage3Motorsports Ranger Hellwig Sway-Bar

....................................................................................................................

You sorta have to change your driving style:
-Break a little earlier than normal....

Call me crazy, but I do this alot:
-You may have to shift from "drive" [D] and go down to "sport" .... and use one or two "lower" gears to assist with motion. Then shift back up to [D].
It seems like my truck is always in 9th or 10th gear when I'm trying to "tell" my Ranger "let's go".

When I'm merging with traffic...

Speed control in traffic....

Slowing down without any brakes... a little engine braking... so I don't lose momentum

When I don't want to "speed" on back roads, staying below 50 mph, maintaining either 8th or 9th gear only

When it's raining & roads are soaked, I use the gears to assist so I can minimize heavy-braking & maintain vehicle-control

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Strange... I used the italics function & there's a solid line thru all my wording....

Again strange...
You should be able to edit it. Hit the edit, highlight the words that have the strike through it and then hit the S with the strike through it up top. That should take it away.
Sponsored