Sell to Dealer for Close to MSRP?? OR Keep it and Mod??

Tfcurranjr

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired USAF pilot
It's SOLD!!!!! (yesterday) Kinda miss it, but didn't shed any tears (yet) lol.
Glad to hear you took my/our
D7C44546-394B-4C2A-866D-EE684BA894AF.jpeg
advice. Now that you have $38K in cash(?); have I got a DEAL for you!!!! And I’ll even put the top on for you!
Sponsored

OP
OP
DAT84

DAT84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Sport | '09 MS3 - CorkSport Tuned
Occupation
Structural Detailer / Drafter
Glad to hear you took my/our
D7C44546-394B-4C2A-866D-EE684BA894AF.jpeg
advice. Now that you have $38K in cash(?); have I got a DEAL for you!!!! And I’ll even put the top on for you!
Haha. I wish it was 38k! Still waiting on my check (they won't pay me until they get the title in hand).

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Dave,
The only downside to owning a Truck is that neighbors, friends and relatives come up with "little" hauling jobs that they need help with :D. My last Truck had a shell so that minimized those requests ;). But really those favors give you a chance to take another ride and show off the hauling capacity of the Truck. My last venture was hauling two loads of large building blocks and the loads averaged 997 lbs. each. The Ranger didn't strain one iota :muscle:
just tell them you have to sweep the manure out first.... works every time

Ranger3

First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Xlt Sport 4x4
Occupation
Store Mgr
So I've been in a battle with myself since last week. I went to a local dealer to see what they would give me for my 2021 XLT Supercab with about 4,000 miles. MSRP was $38,755. To my amazement, they offered $38,000. Been thinking about it for a week. I didn't pay anywhere near that in March so I stand to get my down payment and truck payments back, as well as make a little off the top. However, for as scarce as new cars are, it's tempting to just keep for a while (I have a 2nd car I was planning on driving until things calm down).

However, there are some things I'm not happy with about the truck. First being the bouncy-ass suspension. I know some new upgrade shocks should solve this. Next is the transmission. Coming from driving manuals for the past 15+ years, I wasn't sure if I would be happy with an auto, and I was right. Sometimes the trans wants to lug, sometimes it wants to shift. I know the Ford Performance tune is supposed to improve the trans mapping a good bit. Also stands to mention, bigger tires would be nice, as well as a level.

Long story short, I need to dump $2,000 into the truck to make it the "truck I want". Dump money into it, or get out while I'm ahead???

20210625_173201.jpg

20210625_173224.jpg
How do u get the Ford performance tuneup? How much is it?

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
While I really loved all my black vehicles they are the hardest to keep clean and they show every little scratch. Especially out here where there's so much dust just floating around daily, with my OCD I'd be washing it non stop. lol

Ugh... don't remind me. My black truck looks fantastic for about 2 weeks after it's washed. Love it. But then it starts to get dusty. And if it rains... forget about it. Fortunately, here in AZ, it doesn't rain that much.
Sponsored