Beef_Stew

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Update: submitted a warranty claim to ford and waiting to hear back what they say about it.

Update: Ford commented back to my dealer and said the Interior/Exterior prior approval team will get back to him by Monday, as additional research is required for this concern.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Update: submitted a warranty claim to ford and waiting to hear back what they say about it.

Update: Ford commented back to my dealer and said the Interior/Exterior prior approval team will get back to him by Monday, as additional research is required for this concern.
To play devil's advocate for a minute, what resolution are you expecting out of this? Here are the options I see:
  • Ford asks your local body shop to smear some seam sealer on it, without paint. Result: ugly brown seam sealer visible. SS not nearly as straight and neat as the robots can do it.
  • Ford asks the shop to do sealer, and paint the inside of the door. Result: paint lines, without your truck for a week, door doesn't fit quite right now.
  • Ford buys you a new door (highly unlikely), and now you have to paint match the exterior.
Personally, I don't like any of the options. I think I would just pay extra attention to keeping that area clean.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford

That's good news, I'm glad to hear that you are being heard, and I hope that you get a satisfactory solution.

OP
OP
Beef_Stew

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
To play devil's advocate for a minute, what resolution are you expecting out of this? Here are the options I see:
  • Ford asks your local body shop to smear some seam sealer on it, without paint. Result: ugly brown seam sealer visible. SS not nearly as straight and neat as the robots can do it.
  • Ford asks the shop to do sealer, and paint the inside of the door. Result: paint lines, without your truck for a week, door doesn't fit quite right now.
  • Ford buys you a new door (highly unlikely), and now you have to paint match the exterior.
Personally, I don't like any of the options. I think I would just pay extra attention to keeping that area clean.
I am the auto body tech at the Ford dealer so I'm submitting to ford how I'll be doing the repair :thumbsup: I've got a plan worked out already on how to correct it. I just want it to be on Ford's dime:sunglasses:

OP
OP
Beef_Stew

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
That's good news, I'm glad to hear that you are being heard, and I hope that you get a satisfactory solution.
I hope so too! Hoping they don't give me a "running change non warrantable" answer

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I am the auto body tech at the Ford dealer so I'm submitting to ford how I'll be doing the repair :thumbsup: I've got a plan worked out already on how to correct it. I just want it to be on Ford's dime:sunglasses:
This is the best option. Carry on :like:

MotoWojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just checked my supercrew and I also have one door without sealer, the front passenger door. So much for quality control.

ben8jam

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I’m looking at the pics and not sure what I’m supposed to be seeing (or not seeing). What do I look for on my doors?

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
maybe the qc says great seal you get no sealer. not so great seal, and you get sealer?! if so you win!! seems funny that's its some not all especially on a automated line(if it its) on a side note good to se a ford employee buying one.

Greatlakespilot

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I just checked mine, I don’t have seals either. Lariat crew cab, build date 2/19

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just checked mine, I don’t have seals either. Lariat crew cab, build date 2/19
Odd because my Lariat crewcab was built 2/19 and all doors have the seal.

MotoWojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Mine was also a 2/19 build. The passenger door has no sealer and of the other 3 that have sealer, 2 of them have the sealer on the bottom where most of the sealer has totally missed the seam, it runs just below the seam near the bottom edge of the door. I wish I would have never seen this thread.
Sponsored