Seam Sealer Missing On Doors

J Haggerty (RADAR1)

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercrew I4, 2017 Dodge Durango SXT V6, 2004 Dodge Dakota SLT V8
Occupation
Retired USAF Air Traffic Controller
10/24/2019, seam sealer on all doors. XLT Supercrew.
Looking at the engine today and noticed it was built only 1 week before my Ranger was completed!
Also notice it's a Cleveland engine, last time I remember having one of those was on my Torino with the 351 Cleveland, hope this one is just as good!

Engine date sticker.jpg

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
10/24/2019, seam sealer on all doors. XLT Supercrew.
Looking at the engine today and noticed it was built only 1 week before my Ranger was completed!
Also notice it's a Cleveland engine, last time I remember having one of those was on my Torino with the 351 Cleveland, hope this one is just as good!
Direct Injected Turbocharged 140 Cleveland.... :like:

Edsel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Willys 4Xe
Occupation
Engineering Professor
Vehicle Showcase
I'll have had my Ranger for a week tomorrow and today I noticed (while showing the truck off to a friend in the pkg lot of an Outback) the missing tie-downs. Not a huge issue for me, but gaping, unfilled threaded holes bother the engineer-OCD-beejeezus out of me. Looks like they are M8x25mm, so I'll just pick four up at ACE and call it a wash.

Truck was built 7/31/2019 and has the seam sealant. That was a big 'WHEW!' as I am moving it from Texas to coastal NC and plan to do a lot of beach driving.

Thanks to the OP and others for pointing this out and offering solutions!

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
I know I'm way late to posting on this thread but i just bought this '19 last week.
So i checked both doors and they have the seam sealer (and it's beautiful looking too) LOL,
build day 8/03/19 and FWIW matches the blend date on the top of the WS.
Sponsored