First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor - Cactus Grey
Occupation
Emergency Services
I got my '21 Tremor S'Crew on New Years Eve. I love it, but my wife and I both have noticed each of the doors require an unusual amount of effort to close. Sometimes we have to open and close them again or the Door Ajar alarm goes off. We just came from a '19 S'Crew and this wasn't this case. Is this a known problem or something easily adjusted?
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Odd, for sure. I hope it’s something simple to remedy.

Just a thought. Have you installed aftermarket door sill protectors that might be getting in the way?

Also, check for random weird protective film, foam strips, or anything on the doors or sills that might have been missed during the PDI.

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
This is a recurring problem on some cars. My experience is mostly with Volkswagens. The cabin air vents do not release pressure quickly enough for the doors to close smoothly. They will actually bounce back open if not fully latched. The Ranger has large air vents on the rear wall of the cab that should mitigate this problem. If they are blocked in some way, you could have an air pressure problem that is interfering with door closure.

Try closing with a window open. If it’s an air problem, you’ll know right away.

RedHawkIXI

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX Special Edition
Occupation
Helicopter Mechanic
I got my '21 Tremor S'Crew on New Years Eve. I love it, but my wife and I both have noticed each of the doors require an unusual amount of effort to close. Sometimes we have to open and close them again or the Door Ajar alarm goes off. We just came from a '19 S'Crew and this wasn't this case. Is this a known problem or something easily adjusted?
The right rear door on my super crew has this issue. The door moves up 1/16 inch or so when the latch engages to close all the way. There is also a wear mark on the top of the catch mounted on the door frame. Hopefully, the dealership can align the door better. I'll report back when / this issue is resolved.

TB-Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Ford Sr Master Tech
I had the same problem with both rear doors. You could see that they were in too far when the doors were closed. I adjusted the strikers and they're perfect now. You should take it to the dealer and they can do the adjustment. (I'm a ford tech, so I took care of it myself)

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
This is a recurring problem on some cars. My experience is mostly with Volkswagens. The cabin air vents do not release pressure quickly enough for the doors to close smoothly. They will actually bounce back open if not fully latched. The Ranger has large air vents on the rear wall of the cab that should mitigate this problem. If they are blocked in some way, you could have an air pressure problem that is interfering with door closure.

Try closing with a window open. If it’s an air problem, you’ll know right away.
My BMW had a “feature” to avoid this cabin pressure issue - when a door was opened, it lowered the window about 3/16”. When you closed the door, it scooted the window back up. Fancy-like! ?

Deathrider

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
I had this happen on my 21 Explorer and figured out it was a piece of ice that was in the bottom of the door. I was about to take it to the dealer but instead started playing with the door trying to figure out what part was not closing right.
Sponsored