Screwed out of my 42,000 Ford Reward Points by Ford

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
That's a problem we run into all the time. Marketing/sales promises something, then it's up to engineering to either make it happen or get blamed when it doesn't work/can't happen. Marketing basically sets the constraints for the design, whether it's physically, time, or monetarily possible.
They are still promising the lumbar support on the passenger side, I don't miss it much but it was a real problem when ordering when there are dozens of questions which could not, or would not be answered. Marketing even assured me that limited slip was standard even though they were confused when confronted with part numbers.
Still, I love the truck and hope the company Marketing and Service departments will someday restore my confidence. I am still a bit nervous about the prospect of paying $150 per hour for $15 per hour service.
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That's a problem we run into all the time. Marketing/sales promises something, then it's up to engineering to either make it happen or get blamed when it doesn't work/can't happen. Marketing basically sets the constraints for the design, whether it's physically, time, or monetarily possible.
Hi Matt,

The center tie downs were victim of a Material Cost Reduction (MCR) by the Plant Vehicle Team (PVT). The PVT is part of Ford Light Truck Engineering but is located at the assembly plant. The PVT is responsible for Cost reductions to the current product and has objective that the PVT manager must meet or his bonus in jeopardy. Things like the center tie downs are considered "low hanging fruit" Rear seat headrest tilt is another one, for example. I discovered the PVT manager was a former employee of my NVH area and worked for me for a short while. I have verified with him that both item were in fact MCR actions. Marketing was advised and did not squawk, so the action was put in place. Plant PVT manager, Roger B. has since retired and snow birds in Florida.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 4x4 Ingot Silver 301A
Occupation
V.P. of Research and Development; Telemetry and Guidance Testing Facility at Aerodytech Corporation, Reno, Nevada
Hi Matt,

The center tie downs were victim of a Material Cost Reduction (MCR) by the Plant Vehicle Team (PVT). The PVT is part of Ford Light Truck Engineering but is located at the assembly plant. The PVT is responsible for Cost reductions to the current product and has objective that the PVT manager must meet or his bonus in jeopardy. Things like the center tie downs are considered "low hanging fruit" Rear seat headrest tilt is another one, for example. I discovered the PVT manager was a former employee of my NVH area and worked for me for a short while. I have verified with him that both item were in fact MCR actions. Marketing was advised and did not squawk, so the action was put in place. Plant PVT manager, Roger B. has since retired and snow birds in Florida.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Roger must have taken my Ford Pass points with him down to Florida along with the center tie downs :)

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Same here,
Totally dealers fault, they are now pointing finger back at Ford. Stuck in the middle with no points. Like coughing up 42000 points instead of 10000 will break the bank at Ford? I see what your saying Ranger Pride, but really dumb business over something they would have given me anyway but not for idiot dealer.
I got mine in feb 2019 and they made sure to sell me shitloads of other stuff, but never mentioned ford points (not even sure it was a deal yet). When I went to register my modem nothing was mentioned, and later when I heard about it, they said I registered my modem, but didn’t register a Ford pass account to it. Except I had one already and was remote starting via my phone since February. They didn’t even offer me 10000 points, and now I’m dealing with a lawyer to get them to buy back my brake eating lemon piece of shit.

I so love this truck, but man I’m starting to question whether it was worth it against buying something else that I expect to be a piece of shit which doesn’t cost 40k.

orangegrower

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Shelby GT350 - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Ford giving me the run around over some BS 60 day deadline to link to modem. First Ford Pass rep said we met deadline and sent case up the chain. Now Ford is backpedaling and denying me my points; trying to offer me 10,000 points consolation offer. This is total nonsense, we bought the vehicle and nobody from Ford ever said anything about a 60 day deadline. Ford chasing away customers for absolutely no reason is baffling to me?
I had the same thing happen to me with my GT350. Yes it is only $210 but it still sucks.

Spiritfish

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Supercab, Lightning Blue
And considering they are only worth about $210 or so, it seems like the dealer could just eat that to make you happy. Give you a few free oil changes or comp you some parts or something.
Do the math...if a dealer sells 200 units per month that "$210" becomes over half a million dollars per year...not sure how many individual dealers would ante up those digits. Not saying they're right or wrong...just looking at numbers. Yes, it all could be avoided by explaining every detail to customers but as a former fleet manager I'll tell you that many people go into a mental fog during delivery...and miss out on lots of details. I've had customers come in weeks later to have me link their garage openers or set the clocks.

Deleted member 1634

Do the math...if a dealer sells 200 units per month that "$210" becomes over half a million dollars per year...not sure how many individual dealers would ante up those digits. Not saying they're right or wrong...just looking at numbers. Yes, it all could be avoided by explaining every detail to customers but as a former fleet manager I'll tell you that many people go into a mental fog during delivery...and miss out on lots of details. I've had customers come in weeks later to have me link their garage openers or set the clocks.
Sounds like people who don't know how to read the manual. Those are the type of people you can't fix, no matter what happens or methods you put in place.

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Generally i am not concerned about anyone harvesting my generic data.
Its not like im visiting the chicken ranch daily or anything.
But i do wear a tinfoil hat on occasion
And I have a dot of gorilla tape on the camera lenses on my phone. Seriously, I do. Had to remove it for a telehealth appointment. Back on now.
Sponsored