Just got my Ranger back from Ford. CDF Drum Sleeve slid out of place?!?

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
If I take my 2022 into the service department built on 6/22 and covered by TBS 23-2350 will they do anything? Or do I wait until it’s towed in?
I was aware of of the TSB 23-2350 and took mine in for rough 3-5 upshifts, and slight bucking under light throttle load; no slush in other words, similar to the old AXOD in Fox body Crown Vics. they did a road test to confirm, and reset the adaptive learning software. It now shifts 1,2-4-6,7,8,9,10 most of the time, and occasionally 1-3-5,6,7,8,9,10 still. The 3-5 is a little smother but still "truck-like." No hardware was replaced or repaired. I think that might be done on repeat visits or in more severe cases than mine. I've put on about 4,000 miles since this was done, and no further problems; 56,000 mi now. Downshifs have always been smooth, more noticeable in Tlr Tow.
Sponsored

Sinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I was aware of of the TSB 23-2350 and took mine in for rough 3-5 upshifts, and slight bucking under light throttle load; no slush in other words, similar to the old AXOD in Fox body Crown Vics. they did a road test to confirm, and reset the adaptive learning software. It now shifts 1,2-4-6,7,8,9,10 most of the time, and occasionally 1-3-5,6,7,8,9,10 still. The 3-5 is a little smother but still "truck-like." No hardware was replaced or repaired. I think that might be done on repeat visits or in more severe cases than mine. I've put on about 4,000 miles since this was done, and no further problems; 56,000 mi now. Downshifs have always been smooth, more noticeable in Tlr Tow.
I'm hoping the reset fixes mine as well but I'm not too confident based on what others have experienced. It seems like 70% of the time I get the 2-4 shift but when I do go from 2-3-4, the 3 to 4 is delayed in engagement, almost like it's slipping. My RPMs will drop for a second and then pick back up.

OP
OP
Albertodee

Albertodee

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Tradesman
A few weeks post CDF Drum replacement & the problem is back. :facepalm:

> Warm up Truck for 10 minutes
> Drive 55-65km/h
> Feel vibration while cruising
> Let go of gas
> Feels like transmission or something is slowing down the truck.

I've put maybe 400km on the truck since then.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
A few weeks post CDF Drum replacement & the problem is back. :facepalm:

> Warm up Truck for 10 minutes
> Drive 55-65km/h
> Feel vibration while cruising
> Let go of gas
> Feels like transmission or something is slowing down the truck.

I've put maybe 400km on the truck since then.
Vibration while cruising?

Is that a symptom of the drum failure or the driveshaft issue?

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Vibration while cruising?

Is that a symptom of the drum failure or the driveshaft issue?
My thoughts as well - the trans may be fine, the DS might be out of kilter.

Brianj67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Firefighter
What are your symptoms? Same as mine?
Based on this thread and other info on the forum I took mine to be checked. They reprogrammed/updated the transmission and it seems better for sure. I realize this is often step 1 in the process, we shall see.

The vibration issue is at that same speed as you mentioned. I'll know more mid week as to what exactly they are replacing. I checked the steady bearing and it seems to have too much movement to me. I'll let you know.

OP
OP
Albertodee

Albertodee

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Tradesman
Based on this thread and other info on the forum I took mine to be checked. They reprogrammed/updated the transmission and it seems better for sure. I realize this is often step 1 in the process, we shall see.

The vibration issue is at that same speed as you mentioned. I'll know more mid week as to what exactly they are replacing. I checked the steady bearing and it seems to have too much movement to me. I'll let you know.
Awesome, thank you!
Hope everything works out great for you.

Brianj67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Firefighter
Awesome, thank you!
Hope everything works out great for you.
Picked up the truck this afternoon. They replaced the driveshaft assembly as per the TSB. I haven't had a great chance to cruise at 60-70 km/h yet. Also want to check the steady bearing movement but it was raining pretty hard when I got home. :) They found a tie rod with some play as well. Next weeks appointment.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Picked up the truck this afternoon. They replaced the driveshaft assembly as per the TSB. I haven't had a great chance to cruise at 60-70 km/h yet. Also want to check the steady bearing movement but it was raining pretty hard when I got home. :) They found a tie rod with some play as well. Next weeks appointment.
Do you know which TSB addresses replacing the driveshaft?