First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hahahahahah. I had a good friend who worked for Ford locally… I wanted one 2 years ago … not the Sport version; and after pandemic and all the BS, I said F IT, and found the Ranger Roush.
I put my Bronco order in 10/14/20 and will be lucky to see mine sometime 2024 because if the new allocation system. It was only $100 deposit and I still have if but more than likely I'll cancel it when Ford decides not to keep price protecting it.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
I still can’t believe they are pulling this crap on customers.

I put my Bronco order in 10/14/20 and will be lucky to see mine sometime 2024 because if the new allocation system. It was only $100 deposit and I still have if but more than likely I'll cancel it when Ford decides not to keep price protecting it.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Every time manufacturers come out with these high performance trucks, SUV’s they price them out of 99% of peoples budget. I make VERY GOOD money and I still refuse to pay more than 45-50k for any vehicle. I’m hoping the Performance market goes back the way it was in the days of muscle cars where you could get the top
Tier power plants with base model or mid level trims.
Yeah I should've added in my post "depending on price" because I refuse to pay stupid money for something you'll never use to it's full potential. Sure there's the "cool factor" but how many that have the F150 Raptor use it high speed out in the desert?

Besides it's more fun buying a XL or XLT and modding it up yourself for a lot less money. If they had the V6 in all trims (for an option) then the only thing you forgo is the factory warranty but I'd take my chance to save ten's of thousands. If my Jeep weren't discounted 4% under invoice I would've never bought it. No way I'd spend $51K on one!

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
100000% agree. I’d rather build mine.

It’s funny, I’ve approached owners or F-150 raptors, TRX’s and other factory modified off road trucks to join our off road club and no shit, 75% of them flat out said they don’t go off road. These are the people that the manufacturers are marketing for and it’s wrong. Lol.

Yeah I should've added in my post "depending on price" because I refuse to pay stupid money for something you'll never use to it's full potential. Sure there's the "cool factor" but how many that have the F150 Raptor use it high speed out in the desert?

Besides it's more fun buying a XL or XLT and modding it up yourself for a lot less money. If they had the V6 in all trims (for an option) then the only thing you forgo is the factory warranty but I'd take my chance to save ten's of thousands. If my Jeep weren't discounted 4% under invoice I would've never bought it. No way I'd spend $51K on one!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
100000% agree. I’d rather build mine.

It’s funny, I’ve approached owners or F-150 raptors, TRX’s and other factory modified off road trucks to join our off road club and no shit, 75% of them flat out said they don’t go off road. These are the people that the manufacturers are marketing for and it’s wrong. Lol.
I met this guy one day while waiting for a store to open, he just got out of the TRX below. I asked him how he liked it and a bunch of questions about it as I've never met anyone who owns one. He said he loved it but was only getting 8 mpg. o_O Said he just got back from a trip to CA and I asked if he took it off road out in the open desert there. He looked at me like I had just asked him for a kidney and said no way. Another $90K mall crawler!:crazy:

TRX.jpg

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
I did the same. $100. My FORD buddy came back and said it might take 2-3 years, I said NOPE.. and then found the 2021 Roush. Love it. Happy and will maybe get a Raptor Bronco … depending on how popular.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I still can’t believe they are pulling this crap on customers.
Yup and dealers are getting inventory to sell when they weren't supposed to. All customer orders were supposed to be filled before dealers got their stock. I'm glad to see many overpriced ones sitting now on dealers lots. Maybe people finally smartened up and decided paying $20k-$30K for a Bronco wasn't the smarted idea. lol

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
Our local ford dealer has Bronco just sitting because of the markup. Ford backed out of a commitment they had with customers only to have those Broncos just sit on lots hoping for big profits.

Yup and dealers are getting inventory to sell when they weren't supposed to. All customer orders were supposed to be filled before dealers got their stock. I'm glad to see many overpriced ones sitting now on dealers lots. Maybe people finally smartened up and decided paying $20k-$30K for a Bronco wasn't the smarted idea. lol

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Here comes the $65k Ranger. ? maybe they will
Actually market it to real Off road enthusiasts and not the pavement princess crowd.
So its Fords (or others) marketing dept. who is responsible for off-road vehicles not being used as off-road vehicles? What are they gonna do, refuse to sell them a R Raptor unless they can prove it will be taken off-road? Pavement Princesses and Mall Crawler types $$ spends as good as anyone elses lol.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
If so I’ll be putting a reservation in day one, hopefully it’s not like the Bronco launch.:shock: Guess I’ll have to postpone retirement a few more years now.:curse:?
They should come with a dampener that cools the rear tires when doing smokies
grin.jpg

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
TRX is 100% a status symbol truck. They aren’t even that great off road.

I met this guy one day while waiting for a store to open, he just got out of the TRX below. I asked him how he liked it and a bunch of questions about it as I've never met anyone who owns one. He said he loved it but was only getting 8 mpg. o_O Said he just got back from a trip to CA and I asked if he took it off road out in the open desert there. He looked at me like I had just asked him for a kidney and said no way. Another $90K mall crawler!:crazy:

TRX.jpg

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
You are taking my comments out of context but ok..
So its Fords (or others) marketing dept. who is responsible for off-road vehicles not being used as off-road vehicles? What are they gonna do, refuse to sell them a R Raptor unless they can prove it will be taken off-road? Pavement Princesses and Mall Crawler types $$ spends as good as anyone elses lol.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I don't blame Ford (or anyone else) for making this type of version. Heck if someone's willing to spend that kind of money why not? I just know it won't be me. lol

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
You are taking my comments out of context but ok..
Did not at ALL intend to take anything out of context, please explain. I get it, it pisses you off that this machinery is not being used to its potential, it does me too. Thing is, Ford and Stalin..Fiat..Ram what-da-hell-ever they are called sells EVERY one they can build and for above MSRP even before these dumb times we are in.
Sponsored