Next Gen Ranger Raptor Bound For US May Have 2.7L V6 EcoBoost Engine

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
Interesting to see what the prices are compared to the F150 when it’s all said.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
This will be perfect timing as I usually trade my trucks in every 3 years. I know I'll be looking to buy one as long as they're not priced to crazy. The 2.7 will be a beast in the Ranger Raptor.....I better start saving now. lol
I have a rule that I trade in my vehicles after five years and 100,000 miles, but with a 2.7-litre EcoBoost turbocharged V6 engine, the latest generation of Fox Racing shocks with live valve technology, and a move upmarket in terms of interior technology, all I can say is, "rules were made to be broken...."

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have a rule that I trade in my vehicles after five years and 100,000 miles, but with a 2.7-litre EcoBoost turbocharged V6 engine, the latest generation of Fox Racing shocks with live valve technology, and a move upmarket in terms of interior technology, all I can say is, "rules were made to be broken...."
I'm ready to go down to the dealer now and put my deposit down! It was hard enough waiting for the Ranger to come back the N'America this wait will be even worse! lol I just hope they don't add the "dealer premium" tag to these which I saw on some F 150 Raptors as high as 10K.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Hey ! I thought there was no room in the engine bay !! Bastards
The article says it is a 2.7 NANO engine - so it must be some sort of redesign that is narrower in order to be able to fit between the frame rails.

Quoting from the press release:
second-generation Nano 2.7-litre EcoBoost engine

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
that actually makes engineering sense. the top spec bronco will have the 2.7 most likely..and the bronco is based on the ranger...new ranger model coming down soon...although I've heard that the 3.0 EB will be in the bronco...the 2.7 and 3.0 are both same architecture I am sure...as I was looking around at some info on the internet if you go to wikipedia and look up the ecoboosts...it lists the bronco as getting the 2.7 in the same flavor as the new F150's which includes the dual mode fuel injection.

D

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
This news, if confirmed, and the recent announcement of the three-levels of factory-installed upgrades to the newer Rangers, confirms that Ford is really all-in on the Ranger! Which means that lots more goodies are in store along the line....

Deleted member 1634

Hey ! I thought there was no room in the engine bay !! Bastards
The article says it is a 2.7 NANO engine - so it must be some sort of redesign that is narrower in order to be able to fit between the frame rails.

Quoting from the press release:
I've also been of the understanding that the 6g Ranger will possibly be on an updated platform. One which the upcoming Bronco already is incorporating. Though I've never gotten a hard answer either way on this. It's just what I'm taking away from reading between the lines in all the reports.

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I've also been of the understanding that the 6g Ranger will possibly be on an updated platform. One which the upcoming Bronco already is incorporating. Though I've never gotten a hard answer either way on this. It's just what I'm taking away from reading between the lines in all the reports.
All I get is blank space when I read between the lines.

Last edited:

Bluebeastsrt

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger 4X4
What’s the over under on price going to be? Not including mark up. My magic 8 ball is seeing a ranger hovering around 55k.:crazy:

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I wish my Ranger wasn't paid off unless I would never consider tradeing it in. But that Bronco is looking more appealing. The Ranger is great but it's basically a out of date design with a basic interior. I'm excited to see what the Bronco has to offer.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
That is my understanding as well which is why the Ranger and Bronco will both be built at MAP. When you say "platform", I'm assuming you mean the frame. My understanding is that both will share the same frame and it will be an updated version of what the 5G Ranger has.

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
I’ll wait until the 2nd Gen Raptor. Same thing I did with the F-150 and I’m glad I did. Let’s hope these come with cooled seats, I’m spoiled with the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored