Rust!

Marshal.

First Name
Marshal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger, 1979 Mazda rx7
The fact that there’s rust on the plastic fender flare would likely indicate it’s rail dust.
Use a clay bar or an iron removing product like stated above
Sponsored

OP
OP
r1ch999999

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
The fact that there’s rust on the plastic fender flare would likely indicate it’s rail dust.
Use a clay bar or an iron removing product like stated above
I did not notice that. Thanks, and thanks to everyone else.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
I'm guessing at least some of it is Diesel soot from train exhaust, are you anywhere near a RR track? If so it buffs out unless it's eaten thru the paint coatings. Which are pretty thin on this vehicle...

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I'm guessing at least some of it is Diesel soot from train exhaust, are you anywhere near a RR track? If so it buffs out unless it's eaten thru the paint coatings. Which are pretty thin on this vehicle...
Tell us more about this diesel soot train exhaust that rusts Nick. Your insights are always enlightening..

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
ok, ok. Thanks for the input, I'll see what I can do about that.

Either way, I'm pretty sure as soon as I close and move I'm selling the Ranger, while I like it I'll never get as much for it as I will right now. That leaves a lot of pressure on the Bronco to live up to my expectations.
Keep in mind, that the Bronco is built at Michigan Assembly, Wayne, MI: the same plant and same rail service to your location as the Ranger. I would have thought the dealer would have cleaned it before delivery.
Could it be from the car wash? I've had something similar, where the spray wax would leave tiny, granular bumps of dried wax or soap that I could feel when I ran my had over it. With a little elbow grease, I removed it with detail/touch up wax.

OP
OP
r1ch999999

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Keep in mind, that the Bronco is built at Michigan Assembly, Wayne, MI: the same plant and same rail service to your location as the Ranger. I would have thought the dealer would have cleaned it before delivery.
Could it be from the car wash? I've had something similar, where the spray wax would leave tiny, granular bumps of dried wax or soap that I could feel when I ran my had over it. With a little elbow grease, I removed it with detail/touch up wax.
Yes, I know where the Bronco is built, but if I can cash out of the Ranger now I’ll be in a better place to get the Bronco next year.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Yes, I know where the Bronco is built, but if I can cash out of the Ranger now I’ll be in a better place to get the Bronco next year.
I was just trying to say that, if it is some sort of industrial-sourced particulate on the paint, the same thing might occur on any vehicle arriving the same way to your dealer from the factory.

Otherwise, used vehicles and real estate are sellers' markets right now; best of luck!

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
Try some of this stuff. I just got some and used it on my mustang. Works pretty good, doesn't tear up the paint bad like traditional clay, and is easy to use. Stinks a bit though. Wash the vehicle, rinse, spray this stuff on while still wet, go back over it with a wash mit and water, rinse.
DRTU200232_IronRemovingSprayClay_web.png
Sponsored