rondowe

First Name
don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, FX4
Hi All,
Very happy to have found this forum. I've been looking seriously at the new Ranger, largely because of the high payload capacity. While looking underneath several 4x4 Rangers on dealer lots, I saw what looks and feels like rust on several components between the front differential and wheels. Not sure of the correct term for all that. Not all Rangers have it. Neither salesperson actually looked it. One said he would ask someone to look at it later, and another said with a straight face that the Ranger can't rust.

Has anyone noticed this?
Sponsored

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Surface rust. No big deal.

Last edited:

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Hi All,
Very happy to have found this forum. I've been looking seriously at the new Ranger, largely because of the high payload capacity. While looking underneath several 4x4 Rangers on dealer lots, I saw what looks and feels like rust on several components between the front differential and wheels. Not sure of the correct term for all that. Not all Rangers have it. Neither salesperson actually looked it. One said he would ask someone to look at it later, and another said with a straight face that the Ranger can't rust.

Has anyone noticed this?
All non coated metal will have surface rust very quickly. Go look at any new vehicle and locate a non coated metal piece. It will have surface rust

Look at all the rotors. Every car that hasn't been driven in 2-3 days will have rusted rotors.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
After you buy yours, get a couple cans of black spray paint and coat everything that isn’t already black. It’s that easy. The guy who told you it can’t rust is probably thinking it’s aluminum like the F-150 which would be incorrect for several reasons. At any rate, the rust you saw isn’t any big deal.
Sponsored