Roush Cold Air Intake

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
I met with Velossatech Tuesday and they did the scanning to start the prototype piece. Can't wait to see it done.
That would be cool! Ones can be made w/o messing with emissions. Sampco and Forge make them for turbo applications; turbo to filter with the appropriate bungs per model. I ran one of these on my Audi many moons ago.

Forge.jpg
Sponsored

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
That would be cool! Ones can be made w/o messing with emissions. Sampco and Forge make them for turbo applications; turbo to filter with the appropriate bungs per model. I ran one of these on my Audi many moons ago.

Forge.jpg
That's exactly what I'm talking about as a replacement tube for the stock box to the turbo.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
"CAD-designed for optimized sealing to keep out heat and gain maximum performance
This CAI system features a custom engineered transparent cover while maintaining the factory airbox snorkel and increasing airflow."

Above from Roush info...
Only so you can show off that filter! Absolutley NO reason for a see-through window that probably added $100 to the cost. Now there will be those who say that you can see the state of the Filter so you know when to clean or replace it but, Really?

03svt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2013 Raptor supercab
Nice CAI but at Roush premium of course. The window is for "additional induction noise and aggressive performance sound" lol I ran an S&B on my old truck which is the exact same set up and I took it off sometimes to hear it. When I tune my ranger I will definitely be looking to get this. As this platform grows too I'm sure other intake companies will be coming out with their own versions soon enough.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
How can Roush call this thing a cold air intake? If that's the case, the stock intake is a cold air intake also, since the Roush intake does not alter where the intake air is coming from. This thing seems like a waste of $400 IMO. You basically get an air filter and a piece of plexiglass in a new airbox lid. Hard pass.

Marshal.

First Name
Marshal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger, 1979 Mazda rx7
How can Roush call this thing a cold air intake? If that's the case, the stock intake is a cold air intake also, since the Roush intake does not alter where the intake air is coming from. This thing seems like a waste of $400 IMO. You basically get an air filter and a piece of plexiglass in a new airbox lid. Hard pass.
Most factory intakes are “cold-air” intakes. It’s been a marketing term for years

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger

MyLittleRanger19

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Not it. Those are the AFE charge pipes. Not the airbox to turbo.
yup. thats turbo -> intercooler and intercooler -> manifold
would still be an upgrade though... just not the one were looking for here.

on the plus side, AFE makes some quality stuff.

BDUb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL 4x4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
And its not for sale in CA...wth is wrong with people that make these snowflake "laws"? Like that intake is going to ruin the environment more than the corporations that buy smog credits so they are allowed to polute more because they purchased that "right". Fed up with pieces of trash "running" communist CA.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
And its not for sale in CA...wth is wrong with people that make these snowflake "laws"? Like that intake is going to ruin the environment more than the corporations that buy smog credits so they are allowed to polute more because they purchased that "right". Fed up with pieces of trash "running" communist CA.
I agree, as clean as cars are today, the few people who do mods to the car would have little impact. Most of the smog spewing crap is no longer running. Another reason I am a CA ex-pat.

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat

Cali_Ranger

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
oh i see... I'll admit I don't know anything about California and their crazy emissions except I'll never live there.
Sponsored