Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I've noticed idling hurts mileage, I stop for coffee or a drink most days on the way to work an I always lose a tenth or 2 just from that. Driving into a headwind kills it too.
that just alerted all the law enforcement types :LOL:
Sponsored

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
I can't speak for the Ford tune but the Livernois tune I'm running really wakes the truck up. Way more responsive and power all the way through. My mpg has gone up about 1.5- 2 mpg driving normal. I just averaged 23.5 from AZ-UT driving 75-80 mph which was the best according to my Fuelly app.

Screenshot 2020-10-16 at 11.39.40 AM.jpg
Is this something I can request from the dealer? I'm one of the dweebs who doesn't like changing anything that Ford could point to as the source of the issue until after my warranty expires. Unless of course they do it themselves, although even then I've heard some bad stories of the Roush tune put on by a dealer causing issues that Ford didn't wanna fix.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ā€˜23 Macan,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
What he asked and, what do you mean by "runs better" exactly?
Ok. The Ford Performance Pack tune. By run better I mean a lot more grunt in the low to mid range and the transmission doesnā€™t hunt around or lug as much.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Is this something I can request from the dealer? I'm one of the dweebs who doesn't like changing anything that Ford could point to as the source of the issue until after my warranty expires. Unless of course they do it themselves, although even then I've heard some bad stories of the Roush tune put on by a dealer causing issues that Ford didn't wanna fix.
The Ford tune is installed by the dealer and you get your warrantee. Any aftermarket one you instal yourself and you're on your own if something happens IF they prove the tune caused the issue.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
The Ford tune is installed by the dealer and you get your warrantee. Any aftermarket one you instal yourself and you're on your own if something happens IF they prove the tune caused the issue.
Will the dealer install this Livernois tune that I've heard so much about that improves pretty much everything?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Will the dealer install this Livernois tune that I've heard so much about that improves pretty much everything?
You instal it yourself. It's really easy to do and if you need help Livernois has great customer service that will walk you through it. I had a few questions and they took the time to go over everything and make sure it was right. It's definitely worth doing and I wish I did it sooner.

When you want to change tunes (after the initial download) you just connect the MyCal tuner and all the tunes are right there. There are 5 tunes you get and all you do it touch the tune you want and it takes 2-3 minutes to instal one.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Another best in MPG today. This tune will end up paying for itself just from the better gas mileage. I did some off roading and a couple trips up to higher elevations to Bryce Canyon and Kolob Canyon averaging 75 mph. I recalibrated my odometer about 3 tanks ago and it's getting closer and more stable now.

Screenshot 2020-10-19 at 6.34.37 PM.jpg

Goodrx

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
How much does elevation play into mpg? Someone in California vs Idaho or Colorado I would assume would get different mpgā€™s? Reason I ask, I just got new tires and wheels and they added about 10 pounds per wheel from
Stock and I can just feel the truck searching for gears or staying in lower gears when it shouldnā€™t. Itā€™s killing my mpg. From reading I didnā€™t think it would make that much of a difference in mpg because I see guys running the 265/70/17 all the way up to 285ā€™s.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
How much does elevation play into mpg? Someone in California vs Idaho or Colorado I would assume would get different mpgā€™s? Reason I ask, I just got new tires and wheels and they added about 10 pounds per wheel from
Stock and I can just feel the truck searching for gears or staying in lower gears when it shouldnā€™t. Itā€™s killing my mpg. From reading I didnā€™t think it would make that much of a difference in mpg because I see guys running the 265/70/17 all the way up to 285ā€™s.
If you're running 10 psi more per tire that is way to much. Stick with the stock specs or a couple pounds over but I wouldn't do 10. You're going to wear them out a lot faster having them so full. Check out the chart below, youre losing a lot of road contact running them so high which will be dangerous in rain, ice and snow.

As far as elevation goes it might play a small part but then again it will be up to your driving style. Do you put it to the floor going up steep grades or just ease up them? I know when we're up in Flagstaff which is 7000' on the ride up I get a couple mpg less than normal. The elevation change goes from 1000' -7000'.

Tire Inflation Chart.jpg

Goodrx

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
If you're running 10 psi more per tire that is way to much. Stick with the stock specs or a couple pounds over but I wouldn't do 10. You're going to wear them out a lot faster having them so full. Check out the chart below, youre losing a lot of road contact running them so high which will be dangerous in rain, ice and snow.

As far as elevation goes it might play a small part but then again it will be up to your driving style. Do you put it to the floor going up steep grades or just ease up them? I know when we're up in Flagstaff which is 7000' on the ride up I get a couple mpg less than normal. The elevation change goes from 1000' -7000'.

Tire Inflation Chart.jpg
Oh sorry not 10 pounds as in psi pounds but weight pounds. I figured weight would play a role in resistance. The tires added 7 pounds and the rims 3 pounds in comparison to stock.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Oh sorry not 10 pounds as in psi pounds but weight pounds. I figured weight would play a role in resistance. The tires added 7 pounds and the rims 3 pounds in comparison to stock.
Ok I was going to say it must ride like you're driving on bricks. lol When I changed tires they were about 8 lbs heavier per tire and I did notice some rolling resistance but not all that bad. I didn't notice much of a drop in mpg either maybe 1-2 but I also added a 2.5" level so with both I was expecting this. Since I tuned mine I got the 1-2 mpg right back.

Goodrx

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
What tune do you have?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
What tune do you have?
The Livernois tune, I'm running the 91-93 performance tune. They give you all 5 of their tunes so you can pick the one you like best. You get 87-89 short shift & performance,91-93 soft shift & performance and tow tune. It only takes 2-3 minutes to change between tunes. There's a lot of info in the tune section, link below is about where I got mine and a few others.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/livernois-tuning-released.2036/page-32

Goodrx

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
The Livernois tune, I'm running the 91-93 performance tune. They give you all 5 of their tunes so you can pick the one you like best. You get 87-89 short shift & performance,91-93 soft shift & performance and tow tune. It only takes 2-3 minutes to change between tunes. There's a lot of info in the tune section, link below is about where I got mine and a few others.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/livernois-tuning-released.2036/page-32
Thanks for the info. I will read through it.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
If you haven't calibrated your computer for the new tire size, the truck will hunt more for gears until you do. Once that's corrected you should see a significant improvement. I did going from the stock 30 to 32s.
Sponsored