Report your MPG

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
That's some amazing gas mileage for a Tremor. Mine tanks the MPG crossing any mountain pass, sitting in traffic, or off-roading. And yes, even taking back roads (speed limit 45-55) it's hard to get great MPG unless all you do is drive 50MPH country roads for hours on end.
While it is well known that blue adds HP, few folks realize that blue also increases MPG.

:bandit:
Sponsored

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
I’ve used sites like TOP TIER when I’m in uncharted territory.

Edit: Holy sh*t. I did a new search and just realized my local BP (and presumably Amoco/BP across the board) is no longer Top Tier. Ugh…
Yea, I got sucker punched with BP as well. BP dropped out a few years back. Probably 4+ years now. I used a local BP religiously thinking they were in the program. Then one day noticed that there were no "Top Tier" decals to be seen. Hit up my buddy Google while still at the pump and learned why. :surprised::angry:

That said, if need be I will still on rare occassion buy 93 at BP if it is my only option. (BP is the only major brand near my house. Everything else is Bubba's gas mart.) Per BP's website their additive package exceeds Top Tier standards. Mostly I just make sure that I fuel up while in Chattanooga. Then I have multiple choices, though Shell is my go to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

redone17

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond, 2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Yea, I got sucker punched with BP as well. BP dropped out a few years back. Probably 4+ years now. I used a local BP religiously thinking they were in the program. Then one day noticed that there were no "Top Tier" decals to be seen. Hit up my buddy Google while still at the pump and learned why. :surprised::angry:

That said, if need be I will still on rare occassion buy 93 at BP if it is my only option. (BP is the only major brand near my house. Everything else is Bubba's gas mart.) Per BP's website their additive package exceeds Top Tier standards. Mostly I just make sure that I fuel up while in Chattooga. Then I have multiple choices, though Shell is my go to.
I did a bit of googling myself - but, couldn’t find a definitive reason “why” - just speculation. I strictly run 93 in my Bronco, but the Ranger has been getting 87. I’ve been meaning to go over there and see which contain “Invigorate”.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Just one data point.

On around town 100%, I get 19.5-20.5 MPG. My Ranger is a 2022 LTX FX4. The more I drive on the freeway (as long as I keep it under 70), I get about 2.0 MPG better, call it 22 MPG average.

If I am driving on fire roads, logging trails and 4X tracks (about half my driving overall, much of it in 4X modes), mileage drops to 15-17 MPG.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
20.0 on my last tank with E15 88, that's what I usually run, my driving is mixed.

redone17

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alright…I was giving our new setup some time and a few weeks to average out. Lots of under 15 mile drives on a weekly basis with a few 1.5-2 hr road trips. Very minimal off-road so far - but, that will change now that I’m mostly recovered from shoulder surgery.

265/70R18 Falken Wildpeak
1.5” SVC Level Lift
Velossa Big Mouth
aFe Magnum Flow Pro Dry Filter
aFe Air Scoop
Pedal Commander on City

19.9 MPG

This is onboard calculations with my tire circumference dialed in via Forscan within a half a point confirmed via GPS app. I have yet to calculate using Fuelly because that’s hard to manage being that it’s my wife’s daily.

Last edited:

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
Full bolt on, e30 and a turbo upgrade.
I’m getting 18mpg on my normal commute (mixed driving, dropping kids, remote starting and using drive through daily, mostly in sport and with “spirited driving”)
On a simple trip (90%. Highway limited traffic and no real stopping but still speeding etc) I’m getting almost 22mpg
I’m very happy with my mileage.

Reactions: Ace

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
Half week ago and 6G RR.
This is what it is now.
Can’t complain but if you get yourself a RR, fuel consumption is last thing you’re allowed to complain about I guess.

95F00B07-A4F9-4853-8A12-291E49A58F57.jpeg

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Half week ago and 6G RR.
This is what it is now.
Can’t complain but if you get yourself a RR, fuel consumption is last thing you’re allowed to complain about I guess.

Translated to Freedom Units, that's 19.1 miles per gallon. Not bad. It will probably get better after 3k to 5k miles, 5-8k Km.

redone17

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Half week ago and 6G RR.
This is what it is now.

Dang. Nice cluster.

BRad704

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Senior Product Leader
Popping back in with a couple more personal datapoints. These are only based on using the trucks (tire-size corrected) Trip MPG reporting.

Memphis to St Louis with Softopper, big 4 bike rack and 3 bikes - 20.4mpg
- 98% highway driving
Memphis to Birmingham with Softopper and lightweight Kuat rack and 2 bikes - 22.8mpg
- 75% highway and 25% in town at Guntersville, AL and Birmingham.

ccasanova22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Tremor
Switching to Mobil 1 has improved my MPG almost 1 MPG from Amsoil. And Amsoil reduced my MPG by almost MPG from stock oil.

So it looks like the thicker Amsoil is good for engine life but cuts down on MPG a little bit.

It also tested thicker so not sure if it’s only better under “extreme” conditions like Death Valley towing a trailer.

For a DD, Mobil 1 (for the price) is hard to beat for both MPG, faster warm-ups, and flow when cold. It’s a tiny, almost insignificant change, but every little thing seems to matter on this truck when it comes to MPG.

And no, my driving style has not changed. I do almost all 45-55mph country driving except for some short trips where the MPG always tanks.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Switching to Mobil 1 has improved my MPG almost 1 MPG from Amsoil. And Amsoil reduced my MPG by almost MPG from stock oil.

So it looks like the thicker Amsoil is good for engine life but cuts down on MPG a little bit.

It also tested thicker so not sure if it’s only better under “extreme” conditions like Death Valley towing a trailer.

For a DD, Mobil 1 (for the price) is hard to beat for both MPG, faster warm-ups, and flow when cold. It’s a tiny, almost insignificant change, but every little thing seems to matter on this truck when it comes to MPG.

And no, my driving style has not changed. I do almost all 45-55mph country driving except for some short trips where the MPG always tanks.
i have to add how impressed i am with mobil one. i recently put mobil1 in my 4g ranger with the 3.0 v6. its a good engine but fairly gutless. after some miles with mobil one its runs cooler and noticeably stronger. i was kinda shocked.

JalanX

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Project manager
21 stock tremor. Did another 7 hour drive from VA to NY and got 22.3. All types of driving. Cruise at 65,70,80. Some small town areas of 25-35 mph. Hit 90 a couple times. Mountains up & down. I’ll take that any day. And as always a super comfortable long trip truck. Great seat position & smooth driving the entire trip.

conductor

First Name
Rog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
retired
I thought I should start a thread about what kinda mileage eveyoeve is getting.

Include the type of driving you do city/highway %, driving style, gas used, if your using the auto start/stop feature and aprox engine mileage.

So I'm on my third tank of gas and tgt mileage has been improving.

• 70%/30% city/highway
  • Average
  • 87 oct
  • Start/stop: off
  • 600 miles
  • 4x4, FX4
Computer MPG 19.5
Manual calc MPG 20.5
70% / 30% city - highway
93 octane
BMS unplug
4wheel drive FX4 SUPERCAB