Removing Tremor Grille Trim

csmart

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 / 2019 Mustang GT / 2021 Ranger Tremor
Anyone have any experience or tips for (temporarily) removing the red trim from the front grille? I got some satin red graphics added to the front and want to wrap the trim pieces in the same red to match. The shop was leery of pulling them off but they seem like they must just be clipped on somehow. Anyone managed to get them off and back on without too much damage?

Also curious if anyone has seen some nice side graphics... I don't like the 'hockey stick' designs that are out there and haven't quite settled on what to do on the sides. Apparently there is a shortage of 3M Vampire Red vinyl in Canada so might have a bit of time to decide anyway.

IMG_20210525_174123224_HDR~2.jpg
Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Best option is to pull the grill so you can see how the red inserts are attached. It's not a hard job and only takes about 10-15 minutes to get it out. Stage 3 has an excellent video on removing the grill. Word of caution is be very careful with popping the tabs loose on the grill, they can break very easily so use the right tools and take your time.

OP
OP

csmart

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Best option is to pull the grill so you can see how the red inserts are attached. It's not a hard job and only takes about 10-15 minutes to get it out. Stage 3 has an excellent video on removing the grill. Word of caution is be very careful with popping the tabs loose on the grill, they can break very easily so use the right tools and take your time.

Thanks... That might be the ticket. Looks like a weekend project. Weather forecast here is the pits so may as well make the most of it. :)

OP
OP

csmart

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got impatient and pulled the grille off tonight after work. Not hard but had to take my time. I won't win any awards for the crummy wrap job I did but at least the colour matches. Might pull them off again when I go back for the sides and have them do a proper job.

Can't upload the pix from my phone but will update a bit later with some shots of the backside and the trim pieces. Pix of back side of insert, removed insert and before/after of wrap below.

IMG_20210526_171951516.jpg

IMG_20210526_172211030.jpg

IMG_20210526_174820911.jpg

Last edited:

Gumbo

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales
Got impatient and pulled the grille off tonight after work. Not hard but had to take my time. I won't win any awards for the crummy wrap job I did but at least the colour matches. Might pull them off again when I go back for the sides and have them do a proper job.

Can't upload the pix from my phone but will update a bit later with some shots of the backside and the trim pieces. Pix of back side of insert, removed insert and before/after of wrap below.

IMG_20210526_171951516.jpg

IMG_20210526_172211030.jpg

IMG_20210526_174820911.jpg
looking at the pictures it looks like you could pop those off without pulling or loosening the whole grill. what do you think Seeing it firsthand?

Zims4x4

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Forged Green
How did it turn out installed? Any pictures as I’m looking to do the same thing.

lukdeg

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger lariat 2023 Cactus grey
Occupation
paramedic
anyone has the part number for the nostrils?

5G Dan-O

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Ford ASSET Instructor - Program Director
anyone has the part number for the nostrils?
Unfortunately, they are part of the grille so you have to buy the Tremor grille.

This is where I bought my grille:
https://www.blueovalindustries.com/...dDC7n90tyQfM5vOlPSVK1OyUHER_qDPMhIb0nhGIbC-Tc

It was the best price at the time and included free shipping.
The cool thing about our grilles is that they are somewhat modular. I swapped over all my Lariat chrome so I have a chrome grille with the Tremor red nostrils. You can mix-and-match as you like once you get the Tremor grille as the 'base'
Nostril (1).jpeg
Nostril (2).jpeg

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Corey,

I lived in Calgary through Jr. High, High School, and S.A.I.T.

Great city. I found you some side graphics - they ought to be a big hit with your friends and neighbours…

F7975606-0684-487C-820E-61F9FCDA1ECE.png

;)

lukdeg

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger lariat 2023 Cactus grey
Occupation
paramedic
Unfortunately, they are part of the grille so you have to buy the Tremor grille.

This is where I bought my grille:
https://www.blueovalindustries.com/...dDC7n90tyQfM5vOlPSVK1OyUHER_qDPMhIb0nhGIbC-Tc

It was the best price at the time and included free shipping.
The cool thing about our grilles is that they are somewhat modular. I swapped over all my Lariat chrome so I have a chrome grille with the Tremor red nostrils. You can mix-and-match as you like once you get the Tremor grille as the 'base'
Nostril (1).jpeg
Nostril (2).jpeg
well, that is a freaking sweet idea!!!!! I might buy that grill, it's not that expensive for me and I could always mix and match like you did. might even swap the 2 bars in the grill for the black one and keep the surounding chromed... hmm interesting!! thanks again!

5G Dan-O

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Ford ASSET Instructor - Program Director
well, that is a freaking sweet idea!!!!! I might buy that grill, it's not that expensive for me and I could always mix and match like you did. might even swap the 2 bars in the grill for the black one and keep the surounding chromed... hmm interesting!! thanks again!
That's the beauty of it - totally modular = make it your own

OP
OP

csmart

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Corey,

I lived in Calgary through Jr. High, High School, and S.A.I.T.

Great city. I found you some side graphics - they ought to be a big hit with your friends and neighbours…

F7975606-0684-487C-820E-61F9FCDA1ECE.png

;)
Not sure How I missed this earlier. Have sold the Ranger so not an option to put on there now. But also don't think I'd be able to keep up with the Bondo to patch the bullet holes that graphics might attract... ?

Cheers!
Corey