First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
When I start the debadge process I always have some SratchX on hand and wax; after following the heat, googone, etc stuff others have mentioned. In the event you end up with fine scratch marks trying to get goo off the paint. Maybe I am just to aggressive with the left over sticky crap....

But if your throwing new letters on it might not matter.

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Take the tailgate off first and set it on a spare tire or something similar-it will make it much easier to position in the Sun and also make it easier to work on. Also, you don't have to figure out how to park the truck so the Sun will hit it just right. 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner #08984 will get the after goo off with minimal effort.

Cinci36

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Mail handler
Professional way is, raised letters use dental floss as a saw to cut the glue and foam, decal heat gun and pull the corner and then pull at a 60% angle while applying heat.. glue is removed with glue ball or some kind of glue remover from auto zone, glue ball ia rubber ball with a bunch of fingers that attaches to drill, this method takes minutes instead of hours rubbing, glue ball doesn't hurt paint and cost very little..