Tremor Fender Trim Removal/Splash Guard Install(Help)

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
I am getting the RekGen Mesh Splash Guards. They are wider than some, more coverage, steel and quite frankly look awesome (see photo). They will require drilling for mounting so in that respect I kinda wish I went with RokBlokz...but the RekGen's are in transit so it shall be!
I have loaded a photo of the plastic wheel well trim piece. My QUESTION is; how do I remove the gray trim piece off the fender wells so that I can see where there is metal...the actual metal part of the fender to drill in to???? I see a few push pins but there is more to it than that, I think. Or.....how do I determine where the metal starts as I do not want to drill just into plastic or a bad spot on the metal? If ANYONE has a Ranger without this plastic trim piece on it...could you please post a close up photo?
Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

Photo of RekGen Mesh Guard also posted.
WheelWell.jpg
RekGen.jpg
Sponsored

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am getting the RekGen Mesh Splash Guards. They are wider than some, more coverage, steel and quite frankly look awesome (see photo). They will require drilling for mounting so in that respect I kinda wish I went with RokBlokz...but the RekGen's are in transit so it shall be!
I have loaded a photo of the plastic wheel well trim piece. My QUESTION is; how do I remove the gray trim piece off the fender wells so that I can see where there is metal...the actual metal part of the fender to drill in to???? I see a few push pins but there is more to it than that, I think. Or.....how do I determine where the metal starts as I do not want to drill just into plastic or a bad spot on the metal? If ANYONE has a Ranger without this plastic trim piece on it...could you please post a close up photo?
Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

Photo of RekGen Mesh Guard also posted.
WheelWell.jpg
RekGen.jpg
I got the Rok Blokz and I don't know if I can help you. Personally I would check the return policy and return them if able to. I don't like that mesh at the top because I think you're going to pit your paint. That's just my personal opinion looking at the design of it. I hope I'm wrong, especially if you keep them.
I did not have to remove that trim and I don't think he will either. I'm almost certain of it though I could be wrong on that too. Here's a link to the video of how they installed them on an F150 claiming they're very similar on most vehicles. Maybe they'll do like Rok Blokz and give you a specific instruction sheet for the Ranger. Good luck and let us know how they turn out if you stick with them.

RekGen Install F150

OP
OP
OregonRangerTremor

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Rok Blokz and I don't know if I can help you. Personally I would check the return policy and return them if able to. I don't like that mesh at the top because I think you're going to pit your paint. That's just my personal opinion looking at the design of it. I hope I'm wrong, especially if you keep them.
I did not have to remove that trim and I don't think he will either. I'm almost certain of it though I could be wrong on that too. Here's a link to the video of how they installed them on an F150 claiming they're very similar on most vehicles. Maybe they'll do like Rok Blokz and give you a specific instruction sheet for the Ranger. Good luck and let us know how they turn out if you stick with them.

RekGen Install F150
Yeah I watched that video. Problem/issue; that F150 did not have a plastic trim ring covering the metal edge of the fender. Our Tremor does....so you do not know where the metal is exactly underneath. Without knowing....you could miss the metal....hence...the reason I think I need to remove that plastic trim piece to ascertain the metal location underneath. I think taking my time on this will resolve mistakes. Yes...I will post the completed project. Thanks.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
@OregonRangerTremor
The fender flares (trim) is held on by 2 screws, one in front and one in the back at the end of the flare and use a T-25 torx bit. They are held in place around the perimeter with little friction/expansion pins.....they squeeze together and after they get halfway through the hole, they re-expand. You'll need to remove the inner fender well liner and squeeze each one before gently pulling it out enough to free it, one at a time. I just installed Tremor fender flares on my Ranger and just pulled, since the new flares come with them, so no need for me to be "gentle".

OP
OP
OregonRangerTremor

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
@OregonRangerTremor
The fender flares (trim) is held on by 2 screws, one in front and one in the back at the end of the flare and use a T-25 torx bit. They are held in place around the perimeter with little friction/expansion pins.....they squeeze together and after they get halfway through the hole, they re-expand. You'll need to remove the inner fender well liner and squeeze each one before gently pulling it out enough to free it, one at a time. I just installed Tremor fender flares on my Ranger and just pulled, since the new flares come with them, so no need for me to be "gentle".
Thanks for all of that. I found some diagrams in on-line shop manual that alluded to all of that too.
Sponsored