Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I'll order one of these right away to romove the one sticker :LOL:
Yeah for the one sticker probably not worth it. But I've debadged and destickered every vehicle I've owned for 20 years. It's been a good investment.

For my factory FX-4 stickers one side began to peel at a pay and spray car wash. I hit the other side at the same angle to replicate it and peeled 'em both off by hand in the winter. They didn't seem to have much sticky stuff.
Sponsored

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
I never even leave a dealership with any of their decals on it. It's a disclaimer I make before I even come to a deal for the vehicle. They must remove any dealer decal on it when they take it in to clean it before I take it home. This way it is on them if they should happen to screw up the paint. But they should know exactly how to remove them since I'm sure every dealer removes hundreds of them a year. I tell them to leave the license plate frame off, too. I have my own.

I just used a hair dryer to remove the Sport badge off the rear fenders about a week after I bought the truck. Easy peasy. I've never liked any sticker on my vehicle that I didn't add myself. If you're going to remove anything, do it as soon as possible after buying the truck so there's on paint fade difference. Waiting a couple years may leave a ghost image.

2020 Ranger

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired U.S. Marine
I remember back in the day using a "goof off" type stuff to remove stickers/badges. is this safe to do for paint or?

I am guessing there is a better way. Mainly just wanting to get rid of dealer stickers.
Thanks!
3m adhesive remover works awesome to get goo off.

Kemo Sabe

First Name
Kemo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I remember back in the day using a "goof off" type stuff to remove stickers/badges. is this safe to do for paint or?

I am guessing there is a better way. Mainly just wanting to get rid of dealer stickers.
Thanks!
WD 40

Taykel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Self Employed
3m vinyl remover. Every mechanic shop needs a can of it. Works wonders

Brad-Dallas

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor - Black

Thanks!
I've never left with a dealer sticker. I have them remove it before I leave. Most have license plate frames here, the little chrome sticker is tacky looking.

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
No goof off, and no hair dryer.

They are both bad for paint.

If you want to remove stickers or badges and would like to add heat on order to aid your efforts, this is your best friend.

https://www.amazon.com/Wagner-Spray...cphy=9028913&hvtargid=pla-1359847356184&psc=1

41RuBMpcXRS._AC_SY580_.jpg

The steam will protect your paint from drying out and overheating.

I've had my wallpaper steamer over 20 years. It's seen a lot of vehicles, but no wallpaper.

Clothes steamers work well too.
Who wants to pay $59.98 to remove the dealer stickers.

Heat and/or some wd-40 works wonders. Why anything else? WD40 goes not hurt clearcoat.

Do you work for Amazon? LOL

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Who wants to pay $59.98 to remove the dealer stickers.

Heat and/or some wd-40 works wonders. Why anything else? WD40 goes not hurt clearcoat.

Do you work for Amazon? LOL
Most of the men I know look for any excuse to buy a tool.

Mine was actually bought @ Home Depot. It has debadged/destickered 10-12 vehicles and even removed some wallpaper edging for the wife. It's earned it's keep.

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
Most of the men I know look for any excuse to buy a tool.

Mine was actually bought @ Home Depot. It has debadged/destickered 10-12 vehicles and even removed some wallpaper edging for the wife. It's earned it's keep.
I suppose it could have other practical uses! :->

HDEO

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Tremor, M240i
Occupation
Formulator
Steaming wrinkles from your cloths. I guess I can see the value in it now. :wink:
You could use it as a steam source for bending wood too but you’d have to build a steam box.
Sponsored