First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Medical
Anyone having issues with the Ford Pass App not working? Will not update or start vehicle on most occasions.
Sponsored

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Anyone having issues with the Ford Pass App not working? Will not update or start vehicle on most occasions.
No issues with my Ranger, but my Fusion seems to go non-responsive if it sits for more than three days without use. I’m thinking it could be the car battery getting low since it is just about three years old. I will be taking it in for a battery check.

Is your Ranger used daily or does it sit a lot? Have you tried it at different locations? It could be bad reception if it fails in a specific location.

Duwop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F250 Platinum 57 Chevy 3800 96 F150 20 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Just once in the last 2 months, I believe I read somewhere if you use the key to start 3 times in a row without using FordPass it has to relearn

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Found this out over time. If you use FordPass remote start and once used delete the user entered data. If you try to reuse a previous entry app will sometimes catch it or just not work at all.

For instance, right now I start every morning at 7:10AM Mon thru Friday. If that changes I just delete the input and start with a fresh entry. I never have more than one entry loaded at a time.

Since using this approach I have not had one hiccup over the past 2 months of daily use.

I also have a FOB remote start on the truck too. One does not interfere with the other in any way.

Hope that helps!

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired

brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Mine has been working fine, although the app did say the truck didn't start on one occasion, I saw it was running by the lights from a distance.

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
I was having a helluva time getting it to work this morning, it just refused to turn the truck on all morning, I assumed it was cloud coverage since it's satellite based, right?

Worked fine in the afternoon.

It also refuses to believe my truck is sitting in my driveway. The app still shows it sitting at the plant in Michigan.

Adventure Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariate Crew Cab FX4 Sport
Occupation
Heavy Equipment / Truck shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
Mine hasn’t worked since we dropped below -30c a few weeks ago. Thankfully the FOB still works for remote start. I believe it has to do with the battery potential.

OP
OP

Michelle

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Medical
Has anyone reached out to Ford or directly to the Ford App customer service? I have reached out to both 3-4 times and neither will take responsibility for the problem. They won’t even admit there is a problem with so many customers! ??

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I’m on an IPhone. The app updated 3 days ago. Sure y’all aren’t on the current version and your trucks sync is up to date? I’m having zero issues with mine.

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
I’m on an IPhone. The app updated 3 days ago. Sure y’all aren’t on the current version and your trucks sync is up to date? I’m having zero issues with mine.
Google play store says mine is up to date. I'm still wagering clouds were what my issue was. It just seemed really convenient that the one day I had issues someone else on the forums started complaining too.

Correlation is not causation yadda yadda though.

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4, black out package, 302a, technology.
Occupation
Problem Solver
I was having a helluva time getting it to work this morning, it just refused to turn the truck on all morning, I assumed it was cloud coverage since it's satellite based, right?

Worked fine in the afternoon.

It also refuses to believe my truck is sitting in my driveway. The app still shows it sitting at the plant in Michigan.
Mine is doing the same thing on location. Shows the Ford plant in Michigan. Crazy. When I search for my current location it shows the right thing.
glad it’s showing Michigan instead of Mexico. We do have the highest percent of USA parts and pieces. Wondering if the site is an assembly plant?

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Mine is doing the same thing on location. Shows the Ford plant in Michigan. Crazy. When I search for my current location it shows the right thing.
glad it’s showing Michigan instead of Mexico. We do have the highest percent of USA parts and pieces. Wondering if the site is an assembly plant?
For those that have trucks showing the vehicle is in Michigan, check the Fordpass setup in the Sync settings and make sure that the location reporting is turned on.

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
For those that have trucks showing the vehicle is in Michigan, check the Fordpass setup in the Sync settings and make sure that the location reporting is turned on.
I literally just realized this and was about to report back. I finally turned my truck on and just sat in the driveway to play with the settings and noticed that location is defaulted to off in the sync menu. ?

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone reached out to Ford or directly to the Ford App customer service? I have reached out to both 3-4 times and neither will take responsibility for the problem. They won’t even admit there is a problem with so many customers! ??
I'm always complain to CS and ask if theres a recall for this issue or something else like SAGGY LEATHER SEATS, I get same BS and I get the same BS at the dealer.:confused:
Sponsored