First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Medical
Remote Start will not work from the Pass app if temps are below about 45 degrees. Otherwise it works fine. Anyone have issues with it working in cold weather
Sponsored

Hoosier Daddy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
No issues here starting in cold weather with ford pass.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Remote Start will not work from the Pass app if temps are below about 45 degrees. Otherwise it works fine. Anyone have issues with it working in cold weather
I really think it's something other than temperature that is giving you issues.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Here is some things I have learned from using Ford Pass remote starts. I live south of Boston so between snow, cold, rain etc the app responds equally no matter the conditions. Now programmed starts was a learning experience. I assumed in the beginning if I scheduled a start and it completed I could go back and change it for the next start. Doesnā€™t work that way and in fact is highly unpredictable!

Hereā€™s what does work. Once a scheduled start is completed delete it from the app. Then re add the next one you want as a ā€˜newā€™ request.

Presently Iā€™m setup with one event for every morning Mon through Friday for work departure. With temps here in the 30ā€™s or below and Iā€™m still in break in I want a warm engine before I put it into gear. The warm cab is a nice touch too!

Now, if I decide to take a day off I delete the whole schedule and start over again. I found if I have more than one individual scheduled event it acts up and I get sporadic results.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Hasn't been above 45 here in Wisconsin in months. Mine works just fine. It's all about cell service and the Ford servers. Remember your phone does not connect directly to your truck.

Stevo56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2016 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Occupation
Retired
Haven't had any issues here in Minnesota. FordPass has worked everytime I have used it. I use Siri (iPhone) shortcuts to start now. It uses the FordPass system.

OP
OP

Michelle

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Medical
I called Ford Pass headquarters and they tell me my account shows that my modem needs to be reset at the dealership. Have any of you heard of this solution being recommended?

OP
OP

Michelle

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Medical
I mean, that's the classic IT response of "turn it off and turn it back on". Not a surprising recommendation. Also wouldn't be surprised if it works. Especially if that's what usually works for your modem/router at home.
Thatā€™s what I was thinking too... that by ā€œresetā€ they are basically going to turn it off/on again. They did say they have been having issues with the App but after reading all of the many threads on this forum it seems this has been a long ongoing problem with the app

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I mean, that's the classic IT response of "turn it off and turn it back on". Not a surprising recommendation. Also wouldn't be surprised if it works. Especially if that's what usually works for your modem/router at home.
Matt, If you just disconnect the battery for a few minutes would that reset the modem? I'm guessing it shuts everything down like losing power in your house then boots backup. Figured would save Michelle a trip to the dealer.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
If I remember right the modem is in the footwell of the passenger compartment. Itā€™s exposed so easy to get at. But battery option is probably best. I would disconnect for at least 10 mins before reconnect.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
You can try disconnecting the battery but if it's truly a case of the modem needing to be reset, then just the battery won't work. The modem is basically a tiny computer so it has memory (albeit a small amount) and that may need to be flushed as part of the dealer process.

@Trigganometry says the modem is in the passenger compartment so you might want to take a look for a reset button or switch in there that you can take advantage of before taking to the dealer.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I mean, I'm no IT expert, but it's certainly something I would try, personally. But I like trying to do things myself first, and am the kind of person who goes to the dealer/expert as a last resort. Gives me sense of accomplishment and saves money in most cases. Kind of like changing a tire yourself instead of calling AAA to do it.

Try all the simple stuff first yourself, and if that doesn't work, then call the experts. That way you don't look dumb or spend money on a guy to come in and just push a button. This is under warranty, so not quite the same but still, a general comment on problem solving.

Just giving a bit of insight into my though process for things.
I'm the same way where I try everything I can first before letting someone else mess with my stuff. That and I'm cheap frugal. ? I just figured that disconnecting the battery seems to resolve/reset most issues on our Rangers.

There's so many computers onboard now it seems like a reset is necessary every so often. I did buy a battery maintainer with my FordPass points because there are times where I don't drive for several days and even then they're mostly short trips.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You can try disconnecting the battery but if it's truly a case of the modem needing to be reset, then just the battery won't work. The modem is basically a tiny computer so it has memory (albeit a small amount) and that may need to be flushed as part of the dealer process.

@Trigganometry says the modem is in the passenger compartment so you might want to take a look for a reset button or switch in there that you can take advantage of before taking to the dealer.
Mine is behind the rear passengers seat so check there too.
Sponsored