remote start, Vehicle Security System - Ford Perimeter Plus

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
I ordered my ranger mid June, than later decided that It would be real nice to have the remote start on the key fob. (yes I know about the phone app) (yes I know about the aftermarket remote start systems)
I have been told that they can not change my order without affecting the delivery date SO.

I read around here about the Ford Perimeter Plus alarm system and that it comes with remote start " When activated by your Ford Dealer".

So can anybody answer the following questions:
does the XLT with 301A package, (without the factory keyfob remote start) come with a 4 button remote like shown below?

If the truck comes with a different remote, does the Ford perimeter plus alarm come with a new 4 button remote as shown above?
Sponsored

dapakattack

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4
Last edited:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
2020 XLT w/3 button fob. I wanted an upgrade with start on fob. Dealer said it only comes from factory like that. The kit you spoke of they offered but had a separate single button fob. I went with the aftermarket unit lock/unlock/lock start. Has worked flawlessly since adding it a week after I got truck.

9B18AB5E-EA47-4409-8D51-9FC70A53C74D.jpeg

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I have the 302A package on my XLT and it comes with that 4 button remote.

OP
OP
towpro

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
thanks everyone. I have 4 choices

get the perimeter alarm add-on which also adds remote start using my original fob $276.11 installed

by the ford extended remote and carry 2 remote controls :( $110 installed

Go aftermarket, starts around $100 bucks.

Use the phone.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
thanks everyone. I have 4 choices

get the perimeter alarm add-on which also adds remote start using my original fob $276.11 installed

by the ford extended remote and carry 2 remote controls :( $110 installed

Go aftermarket, starts around $100 bucks.

Use the phone.
The phone app is pretty handy, but it has trouble remote starting sometimes. It doesn’t have problems locking or unlocking the car. But I would say it’s 80% of the time remote start works on the phone. It’s only failed once on me with the key fob, whereas the app has failed more than I can count on my fingers. Just something to keep in mind for your choices

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
The phone app is pretty handy, but it has trouble remote starting sometimes. It doesn’t have problems locking or unlocking the car. But I would say it’s 80% of the time remote start works on the phone. It’s only failed once on me with the key fob, whereas the app has failed more than I can count on my fingers. Just something to keep in mind for your choices
I have an XLT with 302a, so I have remote on my fob. Have used the app only a few times but it has always worked fine. You need to remember the app uses your cell service and AT&Ts service, so if either is bad it won't work. If both are good you can start your truck from anywhere.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I have an XLT with 302a, so I have remote on my fob. Have used the app only a few times but it has always worked fine. You need to remember the app uses your cell service and AT&Ts service, so if either is bad it won't work. If both are good you can start your truck from anywhere.
Very true. I think the additional failure points are worth mentioning though whether it be cell service or app not updated or phone not updated or even the app being under technical maintenance. I used to use the app every time I start the car to warm it up, about 2-3 times a day. Had lots of usage with it.

OP
OP
towpro

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
most of the time where I live My phone says 5G, but has 0 bars. makes it pretty useless for stuff like an app to start your truck

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I have mine programmed to start every morning M-F as a 5 min warmup before my drive to work. Since this past December it only failed once. That was yesterday when Ford updated the app while I was sleeping. After a little poking around I figured it out. The key fob remote is when I’m out and about. For the winter weather in NE it’s a must

KYFord4x4

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Auto worker
I installed the P+ alarm setup on my '19 Lariat tonight. Was out eclipse watching and just had to get it put in when I got home.

Anyways...

Isn't it supposed to honk the horn when the door handles are pulled when double-click locked? If so, mine's not doing that. It's also not setting off any alarms when I bang on the fender panel or the windows... It does remote start from the fob, and the LED is blinking away.

Any hints, tips?

Edit: Found something online indicating the vehicle needs to have interior perimeter sensors in the overhead console for some of the features to work. I know for sure mine doesn't have any sensors in the positions indicated (small slots in the overhead console)...I cannot find anything about them on any parts sites.
Sponsored

Last edited: