First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Like some others have said, I have mine remote start on a schedule via the app. Works well for the most part, with the occasional hiccup.

What I found out while traveling back east a couple weeks ago is that if your on a scheduled remote start and you don't actually DRIVE the truck after the next scheduled start, the app cancels the schedule.

I had hoped my truck would start every day while at the airport parking lot...just to maintain a charge. It did not complete the schedule after the first start, and told me why. I am thankful though that the battery did not die while I was gone.
Sponsored

Superspirit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
Since some of the xlt's have remote start, if we purchase a fob with remote start can it be activated through forscan?

Sanctus Rimor

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RMT Ranger
If somebody from Korea can use Ford pass to start your truck then anybody can. Delete Ford Pass. It also records your conversations. LOL

And you think your truck isn't? Go into settings on your phone and adjust app permissions. And watch out for the black helicopters flying overhead.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The 300 yard maximum range is for the key fob in ideal conditions . Mine generally has issues over a couple hundred feet.
Benny try holding the fob to your chin, it'll give you extra range that way using your head as an antenna....Seriously it will! :shock:

Tin-Foil-Hat.jpg

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Like some others have said, I have mine remote start on a schedule via the app. Works well for the most part, with the occasional hiccup.

What I found out while traveling back east a couple weeks ago is that if your on a scheduled remote start and you don't actually DRIVE the truck after the next scheduled start, the app cancels the schedule.

I had hoped my truck would start every day while at the airport parking lot...just to maintain a charge. It did not complete the schedule after the first start, and told me why. I am thankful though that the battery did not die while I was gone.
Great info and too bad it'll stop itself and cancel the timed starts. =(

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Benny try holding the fob to your chin, it'll give you extra range that way using your head as an antenna....Seriously it will! :shock:

Tin-Foil-Hat.jpg
Yeah , been using that trick since 1990 , lol. Doesn't seem to help on this one. Maybe my old brain isn't as good of an antenna these days ?

JalanX

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Project manager
As an update to it not working for about 5 hours this AM. Went to the store at lunch and on way out the app worked quick, started and all was good. Now it works fine every time like normal. This was great last winter so happy all is working again.

bostonburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Fx4 hot pepper red metallic
As an update to it not working for about 5 hours this AM. Went to the store at lunch and on way out the app worked quick, started and all was good. Now it works fine every time like normal. This was great last winter so happy all is working again.
I had something similar, wouldn't start via the app but no issues with the fob. I drove about a mile and shut it off then used the app to start it while heading into a store and it worked fine.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Wife tried to start with FordPass yesterday & failed. She realized she was signned out.
She had no idea how to sign back in or her password. Once she was home I set her up again
in 2 mins.
I have 302 XLT but did not think I had remote start?
Which button on FOB is remote start? (Too lazy to go look & need to start supper anyway).

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wife tried to start with FordPass yesterday & failed. She realized she was signned out.
She had no idea how to sign back in or her password. Once she was home I set her up again
in 2 mins.
I have 302 XLT but did not think I had remote start?
Which button on FOB is remote start? (Too lazy to go look & need to start supper anyway).
Hit the center (lock) button once then the 2x button twice to remote start from the fob.

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
for XLT it isn't even the 302A package but a secondary optional extra.

According to the window sticker (yes I still have it) for my 2020 XLT FX4, I do not have the 302A package. And I still have the remote start button on my FOB's

2020 XLT FOB.jpg

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Hit the center (lock) button once then the 2x button twice to remote start from the fob.
Hey!!! Look at that, we do have the remote start!!! Tks.
Sponsored