First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger 2X4
Occupation
Mechanical Designer
Figures, first day I need remote start to work. It does not. Had to manually scrape my windshield. First world problems, or my battery is getting weak.
Sponsored

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
Mine didnt work this am either. Worked when I left for lunch 20 mintes ago.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Mine worked today, if anyone cares.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Were you close enough to use the fob? I seldom use the app to start the truck anymore.
Remote start with the FOB is Lariat only, unless the owner added an aftermarket remote start.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I have an XLT and mine came with factory remote start with the FOB. I used the app last night before i left work.

RangerVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
XLT 's have fob start...
Not all of them.
Mine doesn't have the remote start on the fob, just lock, unlock, panic.

App said mine didn't start this morning either, closed the app and tried it again, said it didn't start, walked by the window and could see it was running because the running lights were on. SMH

I may have to see about getting remote start through the keyfob added to mine and ditch using the app.

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
Not all of them.
Mine doesn't have the remote start on the fob, just lock, unlock, panic.

App said mine didn't start this morning either, closed the app and tried it again, said it didn't start, walked by the window and could see it was running because the running lights were on. SMH

I may have to see about getting remote start through the keyfob added to mine and ditch using the app.
The trick with the app is that it can take 1-2 minutes for the signal to get through depending on local cell conditions. my local cell reception basically sucks so I use the start on time function of the app.

at 6:30 am I turn on the outside lights see snow, fog etc on the vehicles I open the app and set it to remote start at 7:05 am.

at 7:05 am the truck is running.

however if I push the button it isn't instant. it takes a couple of minutes by using the start time, it can have 5-10 minutes or more to get the signal to the truck itself.

RangerVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
The trick with the app is that it can take 1-2 minutes for the signal to get through depending on local cell conditions. my local cell reception basically sucks so I use the start on time function of the app.

at 6:30 am I turn on the outside lights see snow, fog etc on the vehicles I open the app and set it to remote start at 7:05 am.

at 7:05 am the truck is running.

however if I push the button it isn't instant. it takes a couple of minutes by using the start time, it can have 5-10 minutes or more to get the signal to the truck itself.
Usually when I try to start it through the app, a popup will drop down and say it could take up to 30secs for the vehicle to start and when it starts it tells me it's running but this morning it told me it couldn't start, but it actually did start it... It was weird
Most of the time it starts with no issues but there have been times that it says it can't

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Remote start with the FOB is Lariat only, unless the owner added an aftermarket remote start.
Wrong! My XLT has OEM remote start on the fob.
Sponsored