First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew Cab Hot Chili Pepper Red
Occupation
Chef
Just keep driving it. After a while the change will go away.
Sponsored

5granger66

First Name
Lp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Maintenance
Hey guys, Im new here and i just put on 265/70/18 KO2 tires on the Ranger after my Fox 2.0 leveling kit, i think it looks good but the truck feels more sluggish, it takes longer to brake, these are E rated 10 ply so they are really heavy, now i cant return them, i only had them on for a week, do you guys think i should just stick with them? i dont want parts to wear quicker than they should, i am about to go with Perrelli Scorpion plus all terrain instead, in 265/65/18.
so i have a set of KO2 for sale local only, im in Illinois
ranger1.jpg
Did you reset speedo tune? Mine was sluggish till i had it tuned

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Hey guys, Im new here and i just put on 265/70/18 KO2 tires on the Ranger after my Fox 2.0 leveling kit, i think it looks good but the truck feels more sluggish, it takes longer to brake, these are E rated 10 ply so they are really heavy...
Put a set of cooper AT3’s on there. You will love them. It’s the best riding and driving AT tire out there and it’s not even close.
I run the Cooper 6 plys, wife has the 10 ply XLT’s and both are amazing.
To throw my 2 cents in, I have Cooper AT3 XLT's (E rated) in 265/70/18 and really like them. They do ride firmer than the stock tires, but they are just as quiet and I didn't notice any loss of power or reduced braking. I can't say if it changed my mpg, because I don't keep track of that. Knowing what mph I get won't change how much it costs me to drive. :)
I would have gone with the C rated tires, but the XLT's were on sale and couldn't pass up the deal. I don't have any regrets. Even with the firmer ride, the truck rides smoother than my wife's Mercedes.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger ˋ19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
Hey guys, Im new here and i just put on 265/70/18 KO2 tires on the Ranger after my Fox 2.0 leveling kit, i think it looks good but the truck feels more sluggish, it takes longer to brake, these are E rated 10 ply so they are really heavy, now i cant return them, i only had them on for a week, do you guys think i should just stick with them? i dont want parts to wear quicker than they should, i am about to go with Perrelli Scorpion plus all terrain instead, in 265/65/18.
so i have a set of KO2 for sale local only, im in Illinois
ranger1.jpg
The BFs are soft and more offroad then other ATs.
Try the Falken Wildpeak! Im very happy with them offroad AND in german road race mode, too. Pretty good in winter and wet conditions also.

edit: oh. Too late...?
... and I personaly would never ever buy pirelli again...

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Sit Rep? How are they holding up? Did they break in any and loosen up?

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
I've been researching this and 255/75R17 tires are lighter than 265/70R17 tires. I'm looking at the Firestone Destination XT's and they are four pounds per tire lighter which is significant.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
I went with Grabber A/T X 265/70-17 in standard load. I did so for several reasons, one of them being I was afraid of most of what the OP described in his original post. With the SL version weighing 44lbs, the C load 46lbs and E load 55lbs per tire. I only gave up 2/32 (14/32 vs 16/32) tread depth and saved a lot of rotating mass and $45 per tire vs the C load and $55 per tire vs the E load. General had the $100 Visa rebate at the time so that sealed the deal for me. I really like the Firestone XT and they were 45 lb per tire, but cost about $55 per tire more also. The Cooper AT3 4s were also 14/32 and similar weight, but I liked the looks of the General more. I'm kind of sad that the Tremor got this tire as my truck looked like a Tremor before there was a Tremor ??, but I got bad ass looking white letters so it's still different. Also, tire pressure is a big factor OP. I am running 30 psi and over the winter months when we had sub zero temps, I could feel a sluggishness too, and I'd check my tire pressure thru the cluster and they'd be 27-28 psi due to the extreme cold. I would think an E rated tire in this size would need to be 33-35 psi cold. I have always thought this truck was programmed to hold gears too long going up long steep hills, and then it would down shift 2 or 3 gears. It does seem worse with my bigger tires. IDK if the 3% larger diameter could effect it that much? I will usually drop into "S" mode going up long steep hills as we have a few of them on my daily commute. I am getting good even wear at 30 psi, but I'm gonna try to bump it slightly to 31-32 psi just for a little less rolling resistance. It doesn't take much to change ride quality and mpg so it's a fine line of tweaking. BTW, your truck looks great!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Deathrider

Deathrider

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Sit Rep? How are they holding up? Did they break in any and loosen up?

OK, so here is the update, I been in contact with Goodrich going back and forth and found out that they don't make 265/70/18 in C rating they also don't make my OEM 265/60/18 in C rating, only E for either size.
i was running 40 psi and Goodrich advised me to use 35psi, they feel more comfortable on the road (less bumpy).
Interestingly when i emailed Goodrich about tire pressure they told me they cannot give me any advise because tire size exceeded OEM recommendation, but when i chatted with them, they were able to give me tire pressure recommendation.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Why did you use 40psi?

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I rarely see people now a days bring up Toyo's. Mine have been fantastic and no road noise. Did Toyo fall out at some point as a tier 1 operator tire for people? They are a bit on the heavy side I admit.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I rarely see people now a days bring up Toyo's. Mine have been fantastic and no road noise. Did Toyo fall out at some point as a tier 1 operator tire for people? They are a bit on the heavy side I admit.
Prior to delivery in 7/2020, I had my dealer install Toyo Open Country AT3 LT265/70R17. No regrets. No road noise and they're not stone magnets. Great on and off road. After rugged rock roads, not a scratch on the sidewalls. Road trips average 22-25MPG. Yes, heavier... and a little more "clunk" with potholes. I bought a fifth tire and OEM wheel to have a proper spare.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
My first Ranger (1984) came with a Toyo Geolander on it. It also came with a Firestone, a Cooper and a Sears tire - I think it was a die hard. None of them were the same size and they were all on the small end of what you would need to run.

That Toyo was on the pusher wheel and in the rain I could make it break traction and squeal like a pig with a hot poker in his @$$!

Thus is the entire grand sum of my Toyo Tire knowledge.

Ranger54

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Service advisor
OK, so here is the update, I been in contact with Goodrich going back and forth and found out that they don't make 265/70/18 in C rating they also don't make my OEM 265/60/18 in C rating, only E for either size.
i was running 40 psi and Goodrich advised me to use 35psi, they feel more comfortable on the road (less bumpy).
Interestingly when i emailed Goodrich about tire pressure they told me they cannot give me any advise because tire size exceeded OEM recommendation, but when i chatted with them, they were able to give me tire pressure recommendation.
the only person or thing you should follow on tire inflation is the door jam decal on your truck. My truck came with 42psi off the lot for some reason. Dropped mine to 33psi (nitrogen filled) immediately. We do run slightly lower than advised on the wife’s 2 door wrangler at 28psi. (Tires are LT285/55R20 10 ply 122/119R)

SPEEDBUILT

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Strength Coach
I have the Toyo at3 in 285/70-17 and I agree, it’s a great tire.
It’s actually one of the lighter 285/70’s out there.
Sponsored