First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Looks good. Are those for that stuff people call "snow"? Living in a southern state I've only heard of it, but I don't think I'd like it........?

TBH, we get a little. Here today, gone tomorrow. That's the way I like it.

rltriumph

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Pipefitter
Looks good. Are those for that stuff people call "snow"? Living in a southern state I've only heard of it, but I don't think I'd like it........?

TBH, we get a little. Here today, gone tomorrow. That's the way I like it.
But a 1/2” of snow down south ends up with grocery stores emptied and mass carnage. In Vermont we call it a third of the year.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
But a 1/2” of snow down south ends up with grocery stores emptied and mass carnage. In Vermont we call it a third of the year.
I tell my Northern friends that it's not that we can't drive in the snow. It's that we have better sense than to try. :)

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Firestone Winterforce 2 UV 265/70R17 on stock suspension. Got them for $118 each on Amazon

PXL_20201015_172604083.jpg
Looks great, man! Whether it will do you any good in the white stuff I can't say. The reviews I have read about Falken Wildpeaks AT all say that they are great in winter driving, and so that is what I have on now, year-round in place of the stock Hankook ATM. But no snow in Delaware yet, so who knows? Hope that your choice works out for you!

SPEEDBUILT

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Strength Coach
Looks great, man! Whether it will do you any good in the white stuff I can't say. The reviews I have read about Falken Wildpeaks AT all say that they are great in winter driving, and so that is what I have on now, year-round in place of the stock Hankook ATM. But no snow in Delaware yet, so who knows? Hope that your choice works out for you!
The gap between those tires and a real winter tire is significant.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
You're absolutely right. Here in Delaware, we generally just have a few super-storms per year now, and so I am hoping that I can get by with the Falken ATs. If I lived in an area with more severe climate, I would obviously have to rethink this approach.

Last edited:

4TH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT +fX4
Not sure how many Ranger owners are aware of this,but there are two versions of the Hankooks available,P-metric version and the LT (LT is 350.00 upgrade in Canada)The LT's are winter rated(snowflake on tire) while the p-metric are not winter rated (no snowflake). Hoping the LT's are good enough to avoid winter tires and rims cost,etc...

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how many Ranger owners are aware of this,but there are two versions of the Hankooks available,P-metric version and the LT (LT is 350.00 upgrade in Canada)The LT's are winter rated(snowflake on tire) while the p-metric are not winter rated (no snowflake). Hoping the LT's are good enough to avoid winter tires and rims cost,etc...
That is basically my reasoning with the Falken Wildpeaks AT/3W, which is winter rated (with snowflake). Even though it cannot be as good in snow and ice as a dedicated winter tire, I am hoping that I can get by with it, given Delaware's relatively mild winters, although in recent years we have been getting several "100-year" storms per year now....
Sponsored