Sponsored

Regretting my new tires

Chris M

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 11, 2020
Threads
22
Messages
4,669
Reaction score
20,630
Location
Surprise, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
And to be clear and fair - I'm not faulting DT at all for the 40lbs. I'm sure that is an agreed upon pressure for most applications and and may have been handed to the installer by BFGoodrich as a recommended pressure for safety. If they didn't set it at 40lbs, I was going to ask them to anyway. Always easier to bleed off a few pounds to make it right than it is to drag out the compressor and air them up.



Absolutely! Fine tuning is always part of the process when you make changes to an established system. So is personal preference. Some people might like the ride at 38lbs. Some may like 33lbs better. But tiny increments get you there. Keep making them.



I have always gone to the Corporate Location on Scottsdale north of the 101. That shop is PRIMO SWEET with excellent customer care and professionalism. And why wouldn't it be - it is next to the corporate world headquarters.

Then one day when we were moving last summer, I had a TPMS light come on while I was under load with a trailer (factory OEM tires) - not the time to say "I'll get to it later." I hit the nav on the dash and found the nearest Discount Tire - It was 3/4 of a mile away on Carefree Highway so I pulled in. I got the same excellent service I do at the Corporate Location on Scottsdale.

Later on when I got these BFG ATKO's that we are talking about in the thread above, I got them at the Anthem location. It was every bit as good if not better than the Corporate Location. I'm starting to see a trend here.
Dang! You're just all over the place!

Excellent service again at the Carefee site last night. When these tires start to really go south I'll be buying replacements from that store.
Sponsored

 

AllenT

Member
First Name
Jim
Joined
Mar 28, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
6
Reaction score
12
Location
Wyoming
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
I have the E-rated Falken Wildpeaks in the 265/70/17 size on my rig. I carry a 1200 lb camper and do some off road stuff, where I'll air down. I really wanted the E-rated tires for the extra side wall protection with the weight I carry. I like the tires so far. The ride is fine on the street.
 
 








Top