Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate Management
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know of any rear leaf spring upgrades that work on a 2wd? The OME and ICON kits I’ve found say they are for 4wd and stage3 says they can’t confirm if any will work on 2wd. I permanently keep a couple hundred pounds of gear in the bed of the truck and the factory leaf springs have pretty much gone flat. Would love to increase ride quality and get of the squat if possible ?
Sponsored

machinist85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
From what I understand the suspension on the 2wd and the 4wd are the same.

Ford only list different part numbers depending on the cab syle.

Crew Cab leaf spring: KB3Z-5560-C

Super Cab leaf spring: KB3Z-5560-D

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Some of the aftermarket leafs will do fine like the APG Springs as they keep close to stock height and can increase load capacity. For icon I can't say as I dobt know. For OME you are best not to as the standard spring will lift the rear by 1.6 inches from factory height. That will look pretty goofy if you ask me lol.

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
I permanently keep a couple hundred pounds of gear in the bed of the truck and the factory leaf springs have pretty much gone flat. Would love to increase ride quality and get of the squat if possible ?
How does your truck sit with the 200 lb gear out? Wondering if Ford hiked the rear on purpose to compensate for normal settling over time?

When I first got my Ranger (2wd), the rear end seemed comically high relative to the front, but it looks more balanced now. Whether the change happened on the truck or just in my brain, I like it much better now and am glad I waited.

OP
OP
_Ian_

_Ian_

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate Management
Vehicle Showcase
Some of the aftermarket leafs will do fine like the APG Springs as they keep close to stock height and can increase load capacity. For icon I can't say as I dobt know. For OME you are best not to as the standard spring will lift the rear by 1.6 inches from factory height. That will look pretty goofy if you ask me lol.
How does your truck sit with the 200 lb gear out? Wondering if Ford hiked the rear on purpose to compensate for normal settling over time?

When I first got my Ranger (2wd), the rear end seemed comically high relative to the front, but it looks more balanced now. Whether the change happened on the truck or just in my brain, I like it much better now and am glad I waited.
Thanks for the replies guys. I have an ICON 2.5 level up front which initially leveled the truck perfectly. Since then the rear appeared to settle and there was a little squat, so I actually ended up lowering the front about .5”, and now with the gear there is probably another .5” of squat again. Not the biggest deal in the world, but I’d like to get rid of it and be able to raise my front end back up, even if the there may be a little bit of rake afterwards.
When I look under the truck, the rear leafs look damn near flat, and there really isn’t that much weight or abuse going on. Anywhere from 200-250 pounds at any point in time, and the truck sees service roads but no real off-roading. Not quite sure what happened in the rear end.

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Easiest path would be a set of extended rear shackles.

A set of blocks between the spring and axle would come in a close second.

Far more expensive and a bit more difficult would be different springs.

Air shocks or bags are also options.

But yes, even unloaded, the OEM springs are nearly flat.

Oddly, my wife's FX4 has a different rear spring than I've been unable to find in Ford's parts catalog even using her VIN. Higher arch than most.
Sponsored