Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback16, Ford Ranger 11
Occupation
⭐ tender
Vehicle Showcase
***2/5/2019 Update*** No Resolution with Unhelpful Dealer

BTW I would have said I would’ve been the first but my problems were to use more elbow grease and preference problem!
If anybody else has this problem, when latching back the top rear seat in crew cab, you really need to put some weight into it or it doesn’t latch, pretty much like slamming it! I hope that the latch eventually loosens up a bit so that I don’t continue slamming the seat!
I also noticed that the rear passenger door on driver side wasn’t flushed to the body, sticking out a bit on the bottom, the other side is flush to the body! When I asked the head mechanic and fleet manager they said that that’s just how it’s goung to be! We looked at 2 other rangers that day and both had that flaw! Anyone else notice these problems??
Sponsored

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I also noticed that the rear passenger door on driver side wasn’t flushed to the body, sticking out a bit on the bottom, the other side is flush to the body! When I asked the head mechanic and fleet manager they said that that’s just how it’s goung to be! We looked at 2 other rangers that day and both had that flaw! Anyone else notice these problems??
I'll be sure to look at mine (when it gets delivered).....may be a reason not to buy. How much is it sticking out (compared to being flush/the way it should be) ?

Lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe/Tundra/Fusion
BTW I would have said I would’ve been the first but my problems were to use more elbow grease and preference problem!
If anybody else has this problem, when latching back the top rear seat in crew cab, you really need to put some weight into it or it doesn’t latch, pretty much like slamming it! I hope that the latch eventually loosens up a bit so that I don’t continue slamming the seat!
I noticed the same on the one I looked at after the rear passenger door would not close without slamming.

RangerCat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
OK, the hard-latching rear seat I can live with but a door that does not close flush? This is starting to worry me. My order has not been scheduled yet so hopefully they can fix some of these items before it is built. *fingers crossed*

rangerdrive

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I haven't had any issues with my doors, nor noticed the driver side rear door to not be flush. I have, however, had issues with the latch on the rear seat. When I got the truck home it was not latched and I had a very difficult time getting it latched. I put WD-40 on the latching mechanism to free it up a little because it was very tough to move. I still had to slam it to get it to latch.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I haven't had any issues with my doors, nor noticed the driver side rear door to not be flush. I have, however, had issues with the latch on the rear seat. When I got the truck home it was not latched and I had a very difficult time getting it latched. I put WD-40 on the latching mechanism to free it up a little because it was very tough to move. I still had to slam it to get it to latch.
I say slam it a few times if it isn't too hard and let it break-in. It may rattle after it breaks in if you adjust it.
It may even loosen up over time just from driving and not flipping it.

OP
OP
PatrickM

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
⭐ tender
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be sure to look at mine (when it gets delivered).....may be a reason not to buy. How much is it sticking out (compared to being flush/the way it should be) ?
So here’s a couple images, obviously it’s not ridiculously out, but when you run your hands from body to door you can feel the difference!
First image is the problem door!
The second is the other side and it’s flush!

BB1AEE5D-BA41-439B-86F4-CA270C612057.jpeg

3311A194-4816-422B-91B8-C0D66F827AF2.jpeg

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
So here’s a couple images, obviously it’s not ridiculously out, but when you run your hands from body to door you can feel the difference!
First image is the problem door!
The second is the other side and it’s flush!

BB1AEE5D-BA41-439B-86F4-CA270C612057.jpeg

3311A194-4816-422B-91B8-C0D66F827AF2.jpeg
My reply to them would be, no that's not how it's going to be.

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Ya something wrong there, doesn't look like its even closed! I just went out and had a look and my doors are fine, both nice and flush.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Ya something wrong there, doesn't look like its even closed! I just went out and had a look and my doors are fine, both nice and flush.
Probably because it isn't shut... Looks like a latch adjustment problem to me.:fingerscrossed:

OP
OP
PatrickM

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
⭐ tender
Vehicle Showcase
@PatrickM did you take your truck into the dealer with your concerns?
Yes I brought the ranger there a few days after I purchased, the fleet manager and head mechanic compared it to 2 other rangers, I also checked both of them out and noticed they both had a similar gaps. One had both doors and the other was the same side as my ranger but not as noticeable. They than said they could try and bend it back but I would have to go to another dealership that has the tools. They also said it shouldn’t be a big problem since it might just be a production thing and that the rangers might just have this little flaw....! I then proceeded to tell them that I wasn’t satisfied with the answer they gave me and that I would most likely head to the other dealership to have it fixed!
I haven’t gone yet but I did have my dealership call them so they know I’ll be down to get the problem resolved!