Raptor Diff in USDM Ranger?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I would like one of you lucky yahoo's who lives somewhere there's a Raptor version of the ranger to chime in on this.

Does the raptor have a torsen in the front? If so, see if you can find part numbers and or pictures of the diff carrier so I can dream about whether or not it will fit.

TFL OffRoad did a spot on a guy who got an XLT F150 shortcab and added the Raptor diff which gave him "Factory" LSD up front.

I'd pay a couple G's for a factory appearing Torsen up front, and I know others would as well.

Will be a bonus if the front diff uses the existing halfshafts.
Sponsored

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nobody cares, or nobody knows or both I guess.

Can't wait until there's an Eaton TruTrac for this front diff. Until then I guess I'll just be sad and replace the brakes more often.

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
ARB has confirmed the front diff for USA is the same as the international ranger front diff, so the RD219 air locker fits, or I would assume any other ranger front locker

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My point is I can probably get an OEM Torsen for cheaper than going ARB with the added cost of the compressor, inconvenience of figuring out where to place it, and having to mess with it. I like the idea of having the compressor, just not everything that goes with it. The OEM one is probably already 3.73 as well and you can resell the original diff to recover some of the cost :)

Just a thought anyways, I could be entirely wrong about the ARB cost, but I've seen them being $1500+install+compressor in the past.

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My point is I can probably get an OEM Torsen for cheaper than going ARB with the added cost of the compressor, inconvenience of figuring out where to place it, and having to mess with it. I like the idea of having the compressor, just not everything that goes with it. The OEM one is probably already 3.73 as well and you can resell the original diff to recover some of the cost :)

Just a thought anyways, I could be entirely wrong about the ARB cost, but I've seen them being $1500+install+compressor in the past.
my point was mainly just that its the same front diff as the international RANGER, so anything already on the market for that should fit our trucks.

and yes air lockers tend to be expensive after install and the additional parts needed

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my point was mainly just that its the same front diff as the international RANGER, so anything already on the market for that should fit our trucks.

and yes air lockers tend to be expensive after install and the additional parts needed
That makes sense. The Raptor F150 has a factory LSD up front, I was thinking the Ranger Raptor may have an LSD factory. If by "the same as our housing" do you mean, physical size and shape or do you mean guts included are the same (meaning no LSD in the Raptor Ranger)?

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That makes sense. The Raptor F150 has a factory LSD up front, I was thinking the Ranger Raptor may have an LSD factory. If by "the same as our housing" do you mean, physical size and shape or do you mean guts included are the same (meaning no LSD in the Raptor Ranger)?
I have no idea if the housing is the same, I just know that ARB says that the diff itself (the thing that connects the axle splines to the R&P) is the same as the international ranger, so you should be able to use any aftermarket or factory diff (just the part in the middle of the ring and pinion) that is already made for the international ranger. again I have no idea if this applies to anything around the diff, or the casing/housing, or anything to do with the raptors.

I just thought this might open up our options in north america.

Oregon Comrade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
I would like one of you lucky yahoo's who lives somewhere there's a Raptor version of the ranger to chime in on this.

Does the raptor have a torsen in the front? If so, see if you can find part numbers and or pictures of the diff carrier so I can dream about whether or not it will fit.

TFL OffRoad did a spot on a guy who got an XLT F150 shortcab and added the Raptor diff which gave him "Factory" LSD up front.

I'd pay a couple G's for a factory appearing Torsen up front, and I know others would as well.

Will be a bonus if the front diff uses the existing halfshafts.
Based on the specs, I'm guessing not:

https://www.ford.com.au/performance/ranger-raptor/models/ranger-raptor-double-cab-pick-up/

They call out the rear locking diff but are silent on the Torsen front, I'd assume they call it out if it had it...