Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM Focus ST (sold), 2020 MM Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Alright so, I'm trying to come up with some solutions for my fishing poles here as they are longer than the length of the bed, 2020 XLT Supercrew. Some details:

I already have a Bakflip G2 installed since June when I bought the truck. I am by no means attached to keeping it if I can find a better solution for transporting my poles. However I commute from CNJ to the Adirondacks where my families lake house is located and needed the hardcover for security purposes. My father had his entire toolset stolen at a rest stop - no cover at all on his f150 a few years back...

The main issue if I mod the G2 and say, screw a rack system into the aluminum panels is that the tips of my rods will overhang the tailgate at basically deck height- in my opinion they will be dangerously close to the 13ft boat I tow to go bass fishing.

Does anyone have any better ideas?? Not opposed to doing some modifying, but I think I'd like to get this box from Yakima. Does that limit me to basically their bed cover/bed rack options? Anyone have pics of how they are transporting their gear currently?

Any thoughts/ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Alright so, I'm trying to come up with some solutions for my fishing poles here as they are longer than the length of the bed, 2020 XLT Supercrew. Some details:

I already have a Bakflip G2 installed since June when I bought the truck. I am by no means attached to keeping it if I can find a better solution for transporting my poles. However I commute from CNJ to the Adirondacks where my families lake house is located and needed the hardcover for security purposes. My father had his entire toolset stolen at a rest stop - no cover at all on his f150 a few years back...

The main issue if I mod the G2 and say, screw a rack system into the aluminum panels is that the tips of my rods will overhang the tailgate at basically deck height- in my opinion they will be dangerously close to the 13ft boat I tow to go bass fishing.

Does anyone have any better ideas?? Not opposed to doing some modifying, but I think I'd like to get this box from Yakima. Does that limit me to basically their bed cover/bed rack options? Anyone have pics of how they are transporting their gear currently?

Any thoughts/ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Hey Matt,

Instead of limiting the solution to your truck, maybe there’s a way to mount them to your boat trailer or your boat.

OP
OP
mgallo13

mgallo13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Matt,

Instead of limiting the solution to your truck, maybe there’s a way to mount them to your boat trailer or your boat.
Boat is very old, and I don't take it every time I go fishing. Sometimes it's just bank fishing, no boat required. Quite frankly the boat isn't worth the investment either lol

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
I am looking for fishing pole/kayak solutions as well.
I am waiting to see if bakflip comes out with a CS system for the ranger. I was told 3 to 6 months. the towers are compatible with the G2, maybe you could add the tower system to your G2 and mount a storage box to that for the poles?

bakflip CS.PNG

OP
OP
mgallo13

mgallo13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking for fishing pole/kayak solutions as well.
I am waiting to see if bakflip comes out with a CS system for the ranger. I was told 3 to 6 months. the towers are compatible with the G2, maybe you could add the tower system to your G2 and mount a storage box to that for the poles?

bakflip CS.PNG
Gonna have look into this one. I'd rather not have to uninstall the G2 but if it's not out yet it's looking more and more like I may have to.

Manny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
check these out:

GoFishingOften.com

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
something else I am considering, a topper with these.

ARE rodpod.PNG

OP
OP
mgallo13

mgallo13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase
something else I am considering, a topper with these.

ARE rodpod.PNG
this looks sick. I was trying to avoid breaking the bank, but I think I've been difficult enough at this point with everyone that it's looking like my best solution is to get rid of the G2 and go for a Yakima or something with an integrated tonneau/bed topper like what you posted.
Sponsored