MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Not me. I am perfectly happy with my 2019. I actually prefer the front facia of the Gen5 to to the Gen6.
I am more like "coasting to buy a G6 Ranger." I love my 2019 FX4 Lariat, and my practice has always been to buy vehicles new, drive them past 100,000 miles and beyond five years, that is, until they are paid for, and then start the whole process over again. This keeps costs down over the long run and improves safety, too. That being said, I have no problem with the looks of the G6 Rangers, or at least what we have seen of them, and I am very interested in interior upgrades, suspension improvements, engine options, hot trims, and maybe even a Ranger Raptor and/or Ranger Lightening! Good things come to those who wait, as the saying goes. And with delivery of the new models subject to so many delays, the timing might turn out just right for me....
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m not in a hurry to get a 6g. I owned my ā€˜91 and ā€˜96 Rangers for 5 years each and had my 2001 since new before trading it in on my 2019. I really like this truckā€™s styling and performance and always felt I would keep it for a long time. That played into the decision-making process when it came to which modifications and accessories I wanted. Iā€™m not sure I would have gone ahead with some of them if I thought I might be trading it in a few years. Theyā€™re so much fun to mod, maybe I would have. ā˜ŗ

Iā€™m very interested in seeing the 6g lined up next to a Maverick, an F-150, and my 5G just to see the comparisonā€¦ā€¦..if the dealers in my area ever have them all in stock at once. ?

I donā€™t mind the new front end and if that was how my 2019 was styled, it wouldnā€™t have stopped me from buying it.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Personally, I won't be buying another truck for quite some time. My truck is plenty good for me, and I'm not the guy who gets a new ride every couple of years. I like to enjoy a little time payment free.

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
So far I like the looks of it and Iā€™m sure once itā€™s fully revealed it will grow on me more.

I did finance this truck with the intent to pay it off and have one less payment down the road so I will have to refrain from build and pricing this too much lol.

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I like it and if I didnā€™t have a 2021 already, I would definitely be getting in line.

There are only going to be improvements, sure, there will be some bugs to work out so holding out a year or two if youā€™re tempted to trade a 2019ish Ranger could be the better choice?

One thing I will say that Iā€™ve never said about another vehicle Iā€™ve ever owned, and there have been MANY! I like this 2021 I have even more than the day I bought it so I donā€™t see a change for many years to come for me.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Wife told me I had to keep this one for at least 10 years, so I guess the answer is "no" :LOL:

I like the styling of the current Ranger and perfectly happy keeping it for the long haul. The grille on the 6G doesn't do anything for me - not a fan of making the entire stable of trucks look the same...just a dumb idea. Now, if there's a hybird in the catalog, I could be swayed to consider the 6G, especially if the interior upgrades/features are similar to what they did in the Maverick...maybe.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I love my 2019 and would be very happy to keep it. I kept my 2005 for 13 years. The one thing that would get me to trade faster would be a PHEV. A 6 foot bed on a crew cab would seal the deal I think.

While the grille looks similar to the Maverick (which I really don't care for), it seems more "rounded" on the ranger, not so flat - I guess time will tell once it is fully unwrapped, but thus far, it isn't repulsive to me. I don't think I could do the Maverick - it looks like it hit a wall or something.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
2.7ā€¦.Iā€™m in !
I saw they were building a workman's special 6G. Regular cab, long bed.

Doc's 6G build:

2.7 Duh!

Regular cab longed, shortened wheelbase and narrowed frame, tubbed SCrew bed, dropped to the ground on drag radials.

Close?

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I've also been one to keep vehicles awhile until well after they've been paid off. I'm also not a high mileage driver. Took me better than a decade to hit 100k in my last vehicle and it had been paid off for awhile. I'd have kept it longer if I wasn't having some irritating issues with it (water ingress during heavy downpours).

I'm not one who tends to chase the latest and greatest, so it'd take some serious new features to pry me away from my current one sooner than intended. Plus, the deal I got on my current one will be hard to give up for the less attractive loan and pricing options available currently.

I'm honestly more likely to make major upgrades to what I have before I buy a totally new one.

I actually really liked my 98 Ranger, and I'd probably still have it if a few circumstances were different.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I saw they were building a workman's special 6G. Regular cab, long bed.

Doc's 6G build:

2.7 Duh!

Regular cab longed, shortened wheelbase and narrowed frame, tubbed SCrew bed, dropped to the ground on drag radials.

Close?
:like:

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
I figure from what I've seen it looks like a bigger Maverick (possibly).
And TBH I'd rather try to convince my wife to get a Maverick Lariat 2.0EB when our Civic 5 door finally takes a bow (at 63k that little civic has MANY miles left in her).

D

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
If it has a heated steering wheel they will get folks to cross the lineā€¦ once you have it there is NO turning back. I still canā€™t believe that a $46K Lariat doesnā€™t have itā€¦.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I will have to wait to see what it really looks like, what options it will have but even then no go. I do like my 2020 Ranger and will keep it for a long time. I still have my 1999 Tacoma 22 years now with only 145,000 miles. Special ordered with the V6 SR5 2WD Scab. My little sports truck. It's been paid off for ever it seems. My Ranger is paid off too. It still looks new unless you look real close LOL.
Sponsored