First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Industrial
What's wrong with the '19's? 50k+ miles still going strong but do I need new leaf springs F.O.R.D. dropped the ball on these monoleafs. Just stay away from any used rangers with a TGD
My 2019 has 16000 miles and never had a issue
Sponsored

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher

hookem57

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Driver
Newb here. Researched all of the midsize trucks and decided on Ranger. Now I am searching to make a purchase and I am not sure which year and trim level. This will be my everyday driver and I plan on using it for traveling with a small travel trailer. I also live in New England and winters can get rough. We may do some very light off roading. Right now, I am leaning toward an XLT FX4. My budget is $40k or less. I am confused on which year would be the best. 2019 was the first come back year so that may have had more issues according to car complaints. Thoughts on best year, trim level and packages?
Had a '21 FX4 Lariat. Leaked at the firewall from the factory so traded it in on the Tremor. No complaints other than that.

OP
OP

shane1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Retired
Here is a pic from the listing
Had a '21 FX4 Lariat. Leaked at the firewall from the factory so traded it in on the Tremor. No complaints other than that.
Disregard - Can’t afford or need a Tremor.

Last edited:

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin

How do you like the Tremor and how does It compare to the Lariat. There is a new XLT Tremor in my state but not sure how the MPG is compared to the F4X. Also is the cabin louder due to the more aggressive tires?
Of course I don't have a tremor so wait for someone else to reply, but it seems based on your original query, a tremor would be more than you'd want/need. But, with that said, I have an FX4 while a 4x4 would have been all I need, but I got what I could find. I had other requirements (white, lariat, sand color interior) so short of special order I had to take what I could get, and I had to drive 3 hours at that.

OP
OP

shane1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Retired
Of course I don't have a tremor so wait for someone else to reply, but it seems based on your original query, a tremor would be more than you'd want/need. But, with that said, I have an FX4 while a 4x4 would have been all I need, but I got what I could find. I had other requirements (white, lariat, sand color interior) so short of special order I had to take what I could get, and I had to drive 3 hours at that.
You are right, it is more than I need and want to spend.

Roscoe_t

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL Supercab
I ordered a pretty basic truck in Feb 2021. It's the XL stx supercab with 301a trim for the seat upgrade. No carpet, no infotainment. It has 4x4, rear locking diff, tow package and sliding rear window for the dog. $31k minus $2.5k for the tradein. I'm happy that I went with minimal options -- the truck does everything I want. Of course I had to wait 5 months for my order. Not everyone can wait that long.

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4

How do you like the Tremor and how does It compare to the Lariat. There is a new XLT Tremor in my state but not sure how the MPG is compared to the F4X. Also is the cabin louder due to the more aggressive tires?
I have a '21 FX4 with the Eibach leveling kit and the Tremor tires and wheels. The leveling kit and tires resulted in @ 1.25 mpg drop. That is taking into account that my odometer is off by @ 3% due to the larger tires.

Ranger.png

OP
OP

shane1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Retired
I have a '21 FX4 with the Eibach leveling kit and the Tremor tires and wheels. The leveling kit and tires resulted in @ 1.25 mpg drop. That is taking into account that my odometer is off by @ 3% due to the larger tires.

Ranger.png
Great thanks. That is not bad at all. I will probably just get an FX4 and keep it relatively stock. MPG is important to me.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
This is the 2022 I was looking at
IMG_3405.jpeg
Nicely equipped truck! I have the Tough Bed spray in liner and it is the best bedliner out there. The Desert Sand color works well on a Ranger. I added heated seat elements to mine. They don't interfere wit the occupant sensors and work great.

OP
OP

shane1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Retired
There is also a lower spec new one. UPDATE - the new one is definitely out. They have this disclaimer on their website:
“The price for listed vehicles as equipped does not include charges such as: " Hammonasset Security Package" (5 year, 60,000 mile COMPLETE PLATINUM WRAP Extended Warranty, wheel locks) with a fee of $2699. Title and Registration Fees, State or Local Taxes, and a Dealer Conveyance Fee of $799.”

That’s a no go for me.

IMG_3408.jpeg

Last edited:

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
I can't read that, can you post it again

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
I don't know. The used truck only has 16K miles and its certainly a better truck IMO. Did you see the used one? Is it nice and clean without damage? Apples to Apples I'd try to get some money off the 2022.

OP
OP

shane1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Retired
I don't know. The used truck only has 16K miles and its certainly a better truck IMO. Did you see the used one? Is it nice and clean without damage? Apples to Apples I'd try to get some money off the 2022.
I test drove the the used one and it looked and drove great. No issues.
Sponsored